Thirty Seven: Voice

A/N: hi everyone! I hope your day is going well.

with everything happening around me rn, I think I'm going to 

stick to Friday updates for the most part. 

thanks for understanding.

Izzy

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"You're bound to me."

Taehyung heard the words loud and clear. They were almost painfully sharp--each syllable hit his eardrums with pointed clarity, yet he did not comprehend what they meant.

"Wh..what do you mean..."

A low grumbling from behind Taehyung alerted him to turn around. Jimin fell into disbelief at the sight of a half-conscious Jungkook rolling himself awake.

"For fucks sake! That boy fought me when I was putting him to sleep...now I see he was also fighting it in his dreams..."

A groan left the Oak Prince's mouth as his eyes blinked open. Taehyung ignored Jimin and ran to his husband, excited chirps leaving his mouth.

"Kook! KOOOK! GUESS WHAT!!!"

A startled Jungkook lazily came to as he fought off the rest of Jimin's sleeping spell. His head lolled as he blinked his bleary eyes continuously. His mouth hung open in a confused manner. With an uncoordinated movement, he smacked the side of his head and made some more groggy noises. 

He definitely was out of it.

"Jimin, hey." Taehyung motioned for the white-haired male to sit alongside him. "If you can put him to sleep can you make him alert? He's acting like one of those zombie things right now."

As if to confirm the blonde's point, the ravenette licked his lips slowly and wavered towards Taehyung with his arms outstretched. "UUuuggggghhhh."

Jimin snickered. "Yup. I'll give him a little zing-"

A tap of Jimin's pointer finger to Jungkook's temple and a spread of blue light was all it took to wake the male up. His eyes opened wide, head quick to jerk up. His mouth still hung open as he drank in the sight of his husband, alive.

"T-Tae? Am I...I'm dreaming...?"

A choked sob fell out of his mouth as he reached tenderly out for Taehyung's hand. The blonde responded, equally as affected by the interaction. 

"JUNGKOOK! Your voice-"

"I'm so sorry...I didn't even get to say goodbye..." Jungkook cried. 

The blonde breathed out in shock while his husband fell in upon himself, sobbing into a tan hand. Tears beaded at his eyes, but not because his husband was sad. The half-blood thought it was because he had heard his lover's voice for the first time in three years. Taehyung smiled from ear to ear as the tears lightly trickled out of his adoring eyes. 

Jimin watched the scene with fascination.

"I should've died in your place..." Jungkook tilted his head to look up at Taehyung, who was shaking his head rapidly.

"Jungkook! You--you aren't sleeping! I'm ALIVE!"

A pause. Some sniffles.

"Wh-what?"

The ravenette looked behind Taehyung at Jimin. The demon nodded while pointing at the blonde. It was his way of saying yes, yes, this man was surely alive and healthy...couldn't he tell?