Twenty Eight: Trials

A/N: 

Originally I wasn't going to go this route.

But I'm excited to take this turn...

I wonder where it will go!

Thanks for reading this BS

Long chap ahead!

Izzy~

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Jungkook scribbled frantically on his notepad, hardly glancing up to see Taehyung eyeing their supernatural guest with growing distaste.

"Hey, Kook?"

The ravenette hummed while detailing a rough outline for all of his questions he needed answers for in such a limited time.

Demons obviously sleep...do they perform worse while tired, hungry, or thirsty like humans?

Is there anything to slow the healing process?

How do they sense/know things around them more than humans?

How far do their powers truly go?

Are there limits on their strength, speed-

"Jungkook!"

The Oak Prince lifted his head up from his notepad. Taehyung was leaning over him, lips pursed in a thin line. At the far edge of the library sat Jimin, cross-legged and examining a pile of books Jungkook said he could busy himself with while he waited for the start of the trials.

Taehyung, obviously, didn't much appreciate the idea of trials, even if they were for science or to stop some terrible event from happening. So what if Florian and Eonjin were on his side? Who cared about some small army? The Oak Castle had a huge, well-trained army that could probably handle it...at least, that's what the blonde told himself.

But, his husband was a sucker for knowledge just as Taehyung was for art. There was no stopping the ravenette from trying to figure out and crack this wild case, even if it put him in danger. That's why Taehyung had to keep an eye on the half-blood when Jungkook was busy.

Keep him in check.

"Yes, what, Tae? I'm almost done with my list and then we can start soon-"

"We should make some rules for him, y'know, so he doesn't act up and break our statues. Or kill us. Or steal Rose forever."

Jungkook opened his mouth to intervene, but Taehyung beat him to it.

"I mean, if he acts up, you're the only one who knows how to kill him, yeah?" Taehyung furrowed his brow and clicked his tongue. "Wait...why do I not know how to..."

Jimin feigned interest in the book on demonology while he eavesdropped on their conversation. His red eyes quickly flicked between the couple as he paged mindlessly through more images of his race.

"Tae, even if you did know how, you wouldn't be able to do much anyway. He's too fast and strong; only another demon could do it, unless he let you get that close. But we can trust him not to kill us, I mean, he did murder two strangers in place of us, doesn't that say something?"

Taehyung pondered over his husband's words before plopping down in the chair next to the ravenette, sighing. His caramel eyes regarded the list of unknowns that Jungkook was working on. After a few seconds, he reached over and got his own piece of paper from the stack along with a quill-tip pen. 

A few minutes passed with everyone quiet; Jimin continued looking over (the others) his book while the couple scribbled stuff down. Eventually, Jungkook straightened up and lifted his gaze to the white-haired demon seated pleasantly on the couch.