Thirteen: Threat

A/N: heellloooo

who else is extremely excited for BTS livestream in Saudi Arabia?

Me. 

Imma have to find it on some third party site, like I do for all of the korean award shows or Vlive things that cost money...

Anyway! Thanks for reading! I appreciate you all <3

~izzy~

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The man jerked forward as his body was forced against the solid wall, breath knocked out of him in a sudden gust. His attacker's hand dug into his throat, but that wasn't the worst part. The punches, slamming, and nails burrowing into his skin were at least manageable in the pain department. His wind pipe forcefully clamped shut was not.

"Tell me," A slick, barely audible voice daunted the man with its coldness, "Why did you fail the plan yet again?"

Stars flung far across the man's vision, some zooming and others colliding in his field of view. No stars blocked out the malice and disappointment radiating from the older man's dark, ageless eyes.

The younger involuntarily winced as the man's grip tightened. "It's...I--the conditions weren't...right-" The man struggled between breaths, "I promise...I...won't...fail...you...again..."

"Hmmm." The man's eyes unlocked with his for only a brief time before they returned with a deeper spark, one so black and malevolent that the one being choked felt like he was done for.

"That's what you said to me last time too..."

Slowly, the victim's feet dragged up the wall as he was lifted into the air with a hand around his throat. Tensed and pulling at the fingers that laced around his neck, the younger's eyes widened as the man uttered his terms and conditions that revolved around their venomous relationship.

"If you can't get them to me in two weeks...I'll bring him into this."

The man jerked hard at him, earning him a punch to the gut.

"N-no! No...p-please-" The man tried desperately to choke out a plea but it was no use. His perpetrator blurred in shaky lines as the oxygen failed to enter his lungs. A small, poisonous laugh bounced around maliciously in his ears.

"That's how it will go. It's you or him. Make your choice, Jimin."

The half-blood demon was released, falling hard to the cold stone floor with a thump. His chest felt like an inferno of swirling needles and stones as he labored burning hot breaths into his lungs. With blurry eyes he blinked groggily, chest heaving as his father gave his crumpled body a last, spiteful glance before he turned to leave. 

It's you or him.

When the door to his room clicked shut and all was silent, the white-haired man curled in upon himself on the floor.

And cried.

*   *   *   *   *   

"No. You're lying."

The Oak Prince gaped as the blonde pushed past him towards the thick book strewn on the side table in the study. Seconds later, Taehyung plopped himself down in the same reading chair Jungkook was in only moments ago. His long fingers pushed the book open, rifling through the pages until his husband placed a firm hand over his own.

"Hey Kook, I'm not buying the 'love' shit, I don't know why you have to lie-"

The ravenette's hand quickly grabbed the blonde's chin a bit too harshly as he turned Taehyung's head to look at him. Otherwise the other was bound to ignore his words, too stubborn to glance up and read the other's lips.