Nine: Flood

A/N: So...I started college!

It's...wow. So busy.

And it's getting colder here. And very rainy.

At least I like the rain.

Also, if you want any music suggestions, I would highly suggest the album Norman Fucking Rockwell by Lana Del Rey. It's one of my fav albums <3

thanks for reading :)

~ izzy ~

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Sir, there's someone here from Laurel Castle who wishes to speak with you." the servant stood patiently in the doorway as the blonde set Rose down on the floor. "They say it's pretty urgent."

"Urgent?" Taehyung stood up from his bed, his night gown made of silk brushing Rose's back. "Did I read your lips correctly?"

The servant nodded, smiling when the little silver-haired toddler rushed at him with her tiny arms out. They wrapped around the servant's legs and she squealed when he bent down to lift her up.

"Ah, Miss Kim Rose. Lovely to see you so early this morning."

"Yeah!" Rose's voice dripped with the innocence that all three-year-old's possess. "Good morning, sir! Tae was flying me like a airplaene!"

The servant laughed, ruffling Rose's hair slightly. "Sweetie, that sounds fun! Would it be alright if I played airplane with you for a while? Tae-erm, Mr. Kim has to attend to something."

Rose looked over her shoulder at Taehyung with a little disappointment in the way her lips sagged. The servant tickled her sides, bringing her attention back to him. "Just a few minutes, hon."

"Yes, Red--it won't be long-" Taehyung said while stepping closer to them. "I just need to speak with someone. I'll come back and we can play duck, duck, goose some more, yeah?"

Rose nodded against the servant's shoulder, a cheesy smile pressing into the black fabric of the man's suit. "Okay, daddy."

The servant gave the blonde a thumbs up to deliver the message. Taehyung stepped towards his closet while humming a tuneless song, letting the servant know that he was glad his daughter's entertainment was ensured.

After the man left with his daughter, Taehyung launched himself at the closet doors, ecstatic to pick out a posh outfit for the day. Sure, he should've been worrying about the frantic news he was likely to receive, but at the moment his eyes were drawn against the blues and creams in his wardrobe.

"Perhaps...a cream tunic embroidered with gold threads--ah! Where did I put that turquoise cloak? Where are my snakeskin pants?"

The blonde's unrestrained joy led him to make a complete mess out of his closet--tossing unwanted clothing pieces across his messy bed. If Jungkook was there, he would surely be irritated by the other's sporadic, messy behavior. But the other couldn't help it; it was in his genes to be a tad impulsive, a tad indecisive about what he wanted. The ravenette would tease him about it from time to time, but Taehyung knew that the Oak Prince enjoyed the daily surprises--being always on edge spiced things up in their relationship.

"Ughh...if only Kook could see me in this now..." the blonde admired his side profile in the bedroom's grand mirror hanging on the side wall. His proportions deliciously complimented the stray locks of golden hair sticking up naturally. Today, he was wearing a fluffy cream-colored tunic dancing with sparkles of long golden threads. Covering his legs were smooth black scales of snakes caught in the south--from an extremely rare strain of cobra. To complete the look, a body-length blue overcoat flowed effortlessly down his slender back--attached at his neck with a dapper bow that he had tied himself.