Forty: Mischievous

A/N: Hey there! 

when black swan dropped the other day...ugh! the

visuals. my eyes are blessed.

the jimin in that mv reminded me of the old Stone Prince (heart eyes)

:)

loveyouall,

izzy

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Florian sat silently in the passenger seat of the black carriage next to his wife. Every once in a while, her sad eyes would find themselves glued to his profile, trying to understand the person she thought she knew.

"Florian."

A deep sigh left Florian's lips as he turned slowly towards Eonjin. He reached his hand out to grasp hers only to be slapped away. It stung, being rejected from even the simplest of touches. But he sucked it up and gently placed his hand back on his lap.

"Yes, Eonjin?"

Her angry eyes raged at him. Florian noticed that her lower lip was trembling with pent up emotion. When he first told her about joining Mr. Park, she did not believe him. It took lots of him being screamed at and gentle persuasion to get her to come along. Although he could not share any details in his mind with her, he hoped that the trust between them was enough for her to go along with him.

But it was not. He had to threaten Taehyung in order to get her to go.

"I do not want to be...married to you any longer."

Eonjin set her jaw, fiery eyes from the Kim bloodline giving her an almost entitled look. It was this same sharp tongue and daunting pair of eyes that Florian had fallen in love with. Now, they only seemed to scrutinize him in disapproval. 

Florian managed an understanding nod. He tried to maintain eye contact with Eonjin but found he could not. Instead, he focused his attention outside the carriage, on the fields that slowly passed by outside. Like the tossing sensation of regret in his stomach, the neat fields outside slowly turned into wasteland.

The crypt was coming up. 

Their first meeting with Mr. Park was just on the horizon. Florian had told his wife to maintain her composure and keep quiet. He would do the talking, the handling...

"I'm also going to drop the title of Laurel Princess. Someone else can rule this fucking kingdom."

Florian's stomach dropped. He understood her not standing by his side any longer, but giving up her spot to rule? It was blasphemous. No normal person would give up such a position and yet-

"What are you talking about? You've done a wonderful job so far as ruler, Eonjin. You need to rethink this."

Eonjin glared at him while unconsciously playing with the ends of her hair. A few bumps along the path caused her to hold tightly onto the seat. Florian did the same, and their fingers gently bumped against each other. 

"S-sorry."

The blonde girl apologized before looking away.  She couldn't help but notice the lingering feelings they still had for each other, no matter how much shit that had transpired between them. 

"It's okay..." Florian scooted his hand closer to his leg, careful to give her enough space. "We're almost there, anyway."

He looked up at her, wanting to reiterate their agreement on what was to happen when they got there. Eonjin met his intense stare and beat him to it.