Fifty Three: Carriage

A/n:

sorry my updates are slow! I've been distracted by my other vkook story

that puts me in a way different (almost completely opposite) mindset than this story does.

but! i'm back. 

love Noirwood and you!

good day to you all :)

izzy

~~~~~~~~~~~

Eonjin tugged at her sleeves anxiously, looking down at the two demons passed out side by side in the carriage. Outside, screams rattled the thin carriage walls as zombies poured into the Laurel Castle. Florian provided her with a reassuring glance, pressing their legs together inside the semi-cramped carriage.

"I know...this is terrible." Florian interlaced their fingers, offering her hand a squeeze. "But there is no way we can stop hundreds of zombies without the other two awake. I'm sorry."

Eonjin nodded weakly. "I understand...but I hate leaving the Laurel Castle like this. I hate leaving Jungkook behind like this."

Yells flew against the edges of the carriage; Eonjin lifted the window flap to take a look at the castle shrinking into the distance, zombies milling about the exterior like ants. The ravenette had promised them he was going to do the best he could at convincing the Laurel Staff and Army to leave--to try and recruit them for the Oak Castle until their final plan was viable. Jungkook himself was in no condition to fight the zombies, but he guaranteed them he would be fine left alone--he could still outrun any zombies placed in his path. 

"He'll be fine." Florian assured. "Have you seen how much power he has?"

Eonjin twisted her fingers around in no particular pattern. "Yes, but-"

"Then let's not worry about it." Florian motioned towards Rose and Lucio. "We should try to be more like them."

Rose and Lucio were excited to leave the Laurel Castle, bothered by the ruckus of zombies fighting the soldiers. When dragged outside, the kids clambered into the carriage, curling up next to Taehyung and Jimin like small koalas. Now they were snuggling up to said males, whispering amongst each other about something Eonjin couldn't quite hear.

"Okay..." The blonde girl lightly set her head on Florian's shoulder. She felt that it was the time to tell him the things she didn't get to say to him around Mr. Park. "By the way Flor, I forgive you for what you did before...when you were acting for Mr. Park. I wasn't thinking straight and...um, I don't want a divorce, if you still want to be married to me. I hope you aren't still mad at me."

Florian tucked an arm around her waist, smiling into her hair. With tiredness lacing his voice, he spoke in a low tone. "Of course I'm not still mad at my wife! You should be mad at me. I risked my life and yours with that move...acted like an asshole-"

"Hey!" Eonjin gently elbowed his side. "No swearing in front of the kids."

Suddenly, Lucio bobbed his head up. "It's okay Aunt Eonnie, we already know lots of bad words!"

Rose shushed her brother, bringing her hand up to shove his head back down into Jimin's chest. The two demons didn't stir at all, fully lost in the grasp of exhaustion. 

"He's lying." Rose chimed, sticking her tongue out at Lucio when she thought the adults couldn't see her. "We don't know bad words."

"Ahhhh, I see." Florian chuckled fondly, drawing circles on Eonjin's leg as the carriage brought them closer to the Oak Castle. "I'll have to tell Jungkook all about it when he arrives home."