Twenty Six: Days

A/N: hi everyone

Christmas is coming (if you celebrate it)

I'm so excited because I'm going on vacation somewhere warm

finally...sun.

Anyway, thanks for reading, i love you all 

:)

_Izzy_

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Taehyung sat. 

He sat and stared. His lips parted as movement danced above his head. 

A lonely gull flew by, cutting the air with its dark wings. It soared high above the Oak Castle, heading somewhere a bit warmer for the winter. Its beak opened to cry out to the overcast day, but the blonde could only imagine how lonely it sounded. 

He crossed his legs, trying his best to keep in the little amount of body heat he had left after sitting in the farthest part of the garden for hours. It had been days since the wedding, and ever since that dreaded night he had distanced himself from everyone. But what else could he do? It was his coping mechanism for all that he had witnessed. 

The morning after the wedding, the blonde closed off to everyone. Jungkook prodded him a few times, as Taehyung never had been so quiet before in his life. 

"Tae? I'm sorry. I know I hurt you."

All the Oak Prince received was a nod. Then, more silence. After an entire trip back to the Oak Castle in silence (Taehyung refused to bid farewell to Florian and Eonjin--instead, they left at first sign of dawn)  the ravenette was a bit more pushy.

"Taehyung. Can you please say something? You're scaring me, you're never like this."

In response, the blonde opened his mouth and then closed it. He found he had no words to say to his husband. Jungkook waited a bit longer, desperate to get some, any answer out of Taehyung.

But he got nothing.

Days later, and the two still hadn't held a real conversation. At night, they would fall asleep in the same bed and wake up in silence. Taehyung could tell the ravenette was suffering because of it; Jungkook's lips were bitten raw and he constantly stole glances at the blonde when he thought the other wasn't looking. 

Taehyung noticed every look though. Ever since his hearing impairment, he had adapted to heighten any sudden visual stimulus in his environment. 

Now, he was watching the blank sky in thought. Since that day, Taehyung made it his mission to avoid the other, no matter how much it hurt him inside. He spent most of his time outside--watching nature despite the freezing late fall temperatures. It gave him an excuse to wear layer after layer of his personalized bearskin coats, fur tickling against his red cheeks. At the moment the sun was setting on the horizon, and the blonde was busying himself with studying the color patterns seeping out of the clear November sky.

Peach, gold...red.

Red.

The color that once used to remind him of his sweet daughter, his sweet Rose--(Not your real daughter!!!) reminded him of the person who came into his life and ruined it.

Jimin.

The half-demon, who initially Taehyung never trusted, had broken the trust the blonde gave to him only hours after it was given.

By luring Jungkook in.

The sky dimmed. Taehyung didn't realize how intensely he was reacting to its colors until he gazed down at the bench he was seated on. His knuckles were white, gripping the frozen edge so hard he was afraid he might get splinters in his hands.