Twenty Seven: Scrutiny

A/N: Wow, the first Bannermen book hit 12K today!

I'm so excited! 

Lol anyway,

the story continues so

I'll shut up :P

Izzy.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Jimin left the Stone Castle happy with the outcome of his and Florian's conversation. He pranced along the exterior of the large castle walls, joyously stealing glances of the huge stone statue of himself and giggling. 

Why, he didn't look like that at all now! He looked even better, was even stronger now!

For once, Jimin felt hope coursing through his veins. Florian was a great help to him, and now the only thing they were battling was the clock. The half-demon knew this would work out, because in the past it had saved them during war. This one thing, indispensible and rather over-looked-

Jungkook's brain.

The Oak Prince hardly had time to invent things now, to tap into his true potential. As a father and a ruler, Jungkook's research/mechanic side had stepped into the shadows to make room for more important things, and Jimin needed to pull that person back out. 

"Jimin...after what you did at the wedding, Jungkook probably will refuse." 

Florian warned him. The half-blood knew this though...knew how to get around it.

"Don't worry, I know something that will force him to help me..."

Jimin rushed past an on-duty Stone Soldier and headed south for the Oak Castle.

*     *     *

Rose shifted uncomfortably in her bed. 

It was around midnight, not that she knew that as she shivered against the covers in her small, specially decorated bed. The bed was a light hue of red, with silver sparkles trailing down the sides. Taehyung had helped her specially design it one night as they sat on her bedroom floor.

"Do you want red and silver for your bed, hon?" 

Rose cheered happily. Anything that involved red and silver interested her naturally. Not that she really had any strong personal taste for the colors, but as an impressionable child, her fathers' association of her with these colors rubbed off on her. 

"Yes! Silverrrr rrreeedddd! Ssoooo pretty! Pretty pretty!"

Her small fingers had traced along the wet paints that Taehyung was using to design the piece of furniture on his sketchpad. The messy paints brought an excited smile to her lips and she asked her dad to let her try to paint. After reprimanding her for touching the wet paints, the blonde was more than happy to let her try out painting. 

"You can paint whatever you want, Rosey. Just be careful not to spill on the ground, okay?"

The memories offered her no comfort as her small hands wrapped uselessly around the cold bedframe. Shivers cut through her already thin body, and the covers gave her no protection from the chill entering through the window.

She sat up and groaned. Tears started to build up in her eyes as the need for a parent bulit up in her system. 

She was just so cold. She needed someone to hold her and warm her up. The amount of nights she spent restlessly cold and unable to warm up was increasing in frequency.