Twenty Four: Headless

A/N:

Nothing to say, other than thanks.

Izzy.

~~~~~~~~~~~

"JIMIN!"

Jungkook screamed into the brisk night as his body plummeted towards the ground. He clutched at Jimin's back tightly, forehead smashed into the demon's chest. The castle around them was rushing past so fast, the Oak Prince was sure he was going to die.

Then, with a quick snap of his body that wasn't humanly possible, the half-blood twirled them sidewards with dizzying force, enough to slow them down. The ravenette thought his heart was being ripped from his chest as Jimin landed softly, setting Jungkook down on the balcony floor on his back. The half-blood pinched his cheek lightly and offered a reassuring smile. The ravenette laughed painfully as he let go of Jimin's back, inhaling his cinnamon scent.

"Wh-whhy d-ddid y-you ha-have to do t-that?!" Jungkook was still shaking as Jimin straightened up, looking into the distance. The demon frowned. 

"Oh."

Jungkook sat up, eyes watering from the sheer intensity of the fall that he just experienced. He was rubbing at his eyes when Jimin sighed above him. "What do you mean 'oh,' Jimin? Was I not supposed to freak out or something? That was so sudden--you could have warned me-"

Then Jungkook's eyes focused on something in the distance. Or rather-

Someone.

"Oh."

Taehyung stood leaning against the balcony door, face expressionless as he regarded the two people in front of him--his husband, scared shitless across the floor-

And Jimin, the demon who set his jaw, unmoving. Jungkook could feel the tension between them, even if they had semi-made up earlier. For some reason, Taehyung was quiet, which was rare. The blonde usually spoke first, elaborating on what was bothering him. And for Taehyung to just stand there and watch them quietly...

It was off-putting.

The Oak Prince scrambled to his feet, brushing himself off. A wave of guilt filled his heart as his mind raced to make up excuses as to why he was with Jimin.

Did Taehyung see them kissing? No, it couldn't be...

Did he see them fall just now? Did-

"Taehyung." Jimin's voice wasn't pleasant, but it wasn't predatory either. He simply sounded tired when he addressed the blonde. "I'm sorry to have held Jungkook out for this long. We were just catching up. You two can get back to dancing now."

The blonde blinked, then averted his gaze to the ravenette, who masked the fear he felt in his bones. Would Taehyung kill him if he knew about them kissing? How many times would Jungkook have to apologize before the blonde would forgive him?

Taehyung still kept silent, staring not at the demon, but at Jungkook. He had a strange light in his eye, one that usually appeared when he was thinking hard about something.

"Tae?" Jungkook tried, stepping forward towards his husband. "Sorry for taking so long--let's go back inside to dance."

Silence.

Jungkook gave Jimin a panicked look, as if the demon held the reason as to why Taehyung was acting the way he was. In response, the demon only averted his gaze and moved towards the edge of the balcony. It seemed as if he was ready to leave once and for all.

"Okay. Well then. Goodnight, Jungkook, Taehyung. I'll see you later-"

"Jimin."

Taehyung's voice was quiet. Jungkook watched him closely and saw that his hands were shaking. That only meant one of two things--either he was extremely upset and grieved...