Chapter 6

~1 MONTH LATER~

Mortal Realm
"HAPPY BIRTHDAY PANCAKE!!!" Baekhyun screamed on the phone, it was so loud that you had to put your phone away from your ears.

"Thank you," a small giggle managed to escape your lips.

"Do you have plans today?" Baekhyun asked.

"I'm going to the beach."

 Baekhyun hummed in response.

"I'll go with you," even though you couldn't see him, you felt him shrug.

"Your choice," you simply said as you hung up.

You were alone in your apartment. It was your day off today, Hwaseol told you to relax and enjoy your day. You really wanted to enjoy your day but your landlord didn't seem to enjoy seeing you happy. She would always shout at you and will always visit you, she thinks you're always up to something. She despised you. Especially whenever her son stares at you, she would shot you a dirty look. It wasn't your fault. Her son was the one flirting with you.

You groaned as you remembered your second problem, your money was not enough to pay your rent, even if you added the money that you had been saving last month and the money you were receiving in your work, it still wasn't enough; and your annoying landlord has been telling you to pay it last week. And so, you had been forcing yourself to smile around her but she still gives you that look.

You sighed as you lay on your bed. Why were you thinking about your problems? You were supposed to enjoy and have fun, right? You stared at the ceiling for a couple of minutes until unconsciousness took over you.

-------------------------------------------------------------

Everyone was so determined on finding the maiden, it felt unusual but they felt a sudden urge to search for her today. Every passing minute seemed forever for them. They started the search in the morning and yet, as usual, there were still no signs of the maiden. As the sun gets hotter, they felt hunger took over their tired body.

"We should rest for a while," Hyerin said as she put her hands on her knees. She felt like she's going to collapse any minute due to exhaustion. After all, her stamina was lower than the boys'.

"Maybe a 1-hour break will do?" Jin asked.

"Totally," she replied.

After a few minutes, they finally arrived at the restaurant. They sat and called the waiter immediately. They all ordered meat, of course. They were all carnivores. Thereafter, their food arrived and they started to eat.

-------------------------------------------------------------

You slightly opened your eyes because of the unusual feeling you were feeling. It was like someone was giving you wet kisses on your neck, then the realization hit you, someone was really there. You pushed him as you stood up.

"What the fuck?!" You screamed as he chuckled.

"Surprise," he said as he looked at you straight in the eye, it was your landlord's son.

"Stay away from me," You said.

"Aww, wait, don't tell me you're scared," he spoke as he pouted.

"Shut up!" You spat.

He only looked at you and then, he suddenly ran toward you, you tried to run as fast as you could but he was faster than you, he grabbed you by your waist and pressed his body closer to you. You pushed him with all the energy that you had but he didn't budge.