Chapter 23

Mortal Realm
You still haven't talked to them.

You were in your seat with Baekhyun and Eunwoo sitting closer to you. They were talking about things that you didn't pay a lot of attention to. The events yesterday were playing in your mind, especially your last words with them.

There's no such thing as 'us'

There's no such thi---

"Jiyeon!" Eunwoo's loud voice snapped you out of your trance.

"H-Huh?" You blinked your eyes a couple of times at them like an idiot.

"Were you even listening to us?" Baekhyun raised his brow.

"Uhm...yes?" You smiled sheepishly at them.

"Pancake, you know that we know that you weren't listening earlier, right?" Baekhyun asked.

"Wait how many times did I said know?" Baekhyun asked, totally changing the subject unintentionally. You were kinda grateful that he's an idiot.

"Two," Eunwoo answered.

"Anyway, back to my question pancake." He said.

Ok, maybe you take it back, he's not an idiot. Only a little.

"No," You shook your head at him. You heard Eunwoo sighed.

"Maybe we'll let this slide," He said. You mentally thanked him. Just then, the teacher entered the room.

-------------------------------------------------------------

It was lunchtime.

You were sitting between Eunwoo and Baekhyun, as usual. And as usual, the boys were sitting in front and some were sitting beside Eunwoo which made things more awkward for you and for them.

"Pancake, are you ok?" Eunwoo asked. You felt everyone's eyes on you.

"I'm fine..." You said.

"I'll get going now. I'm full." You said as you put down your chopsticks and spoon.

"But you haven't touched your food," Baekhyun said frowning.

"Bye," You said, completely ignoring his statement. You stood up but someone grabbed your arm.

You met Namjoon's eyes, he was sitting in front of you.

"Please stay," He said with a pleading voice whilst holding your arm tighter with care. The stoic Namjoon was nowhere to be found. 

"Bye," You repeated and escaped from his grasp.

-------------------------------------------------------------

It was Physical Education time and you were so excited. All of you will play dodgeball. You changed into your P.E. uniform. You felt comfortable as you slipped through your P.E. shorts.

You headed to the gym afterward.

"Jiyeon! Over here!" Baekhyun yelled.

You instantly went to them, catching the male students' attention. You became a bit popular with the male students for the past few months. Everyone started to treat you like a person. Almost, some girls were still jealous of you.

"Hi, Jiyeon~ssi!" Some greeted you. You smiled back.

"Ok listen up everyone!" Mr. Yoo said, your physical education teacher. Everyone's attention was on him.

"I'll be splitting all of you into two teams." Mr. Yoo continued. "Now, vote for your team captains!" He yelled.

You unknowingly pointed at Jungkook. Your eyes widened when you met his eyes. He smiled at you, you turned away.

"Taehee and Jiyeon are the team captains!" Mr. Yoo shouted. You instantly looked around you, your eyes widened even more. Some girls were pointing at you, same goes for the boys. You even saw Taehee smirking at you. You smirked back.

"Ms. Im and Ms. Kwon, please turn around. And the rest, go pick your team captain!" Mr. Yoo said.

Soon, the team was settled. You have 9 boys with you which were Baekhyun, Eunwoo, Jin and his brothers, and 2 girls with you.

You noticed that some boys were giving you an apologetic look for not picking you. They knew that Taehee was very athletic and they couldn't risk their chance to win. You smiled at them reassuringly.

Taehee has 7 boys with her and 4 girls with her.

"You all know the rules already. The winning team will have plus 20 points each." Mr. Yoo said.

Both you and Taehee played rock, paper, scissors and she won. You almost rolled your eyes at her smirk.

"To give your team a chance, we'll be dodging." She plastered her annoying smirk again.

You, Eunwoo, Baekhyun, Hoseok, Namjoon, and Jimin were on the left side while Jungkook, Taehyung, Yoongi, Jin, Yuna, and Raein was on the right side. Raein and Yuna pleaded with you to not give the ball to them because they weren't strong. You nodded in understanding.

"Let the game begin!" Mr. Yoo yelled.

The ball was in Jungkook's hands. His sudden throw made the girls scream, he already eliminated 2 girls. You smirked at Jungkook.

"Bacon, Bambi be ready." You whispered. You sent Jungkook a signal. He instantly threw the ball at you and then you instantly threw it at Kyungsoo (no, not the Kyungsoo of EXO). He was eliminated. Taehee was sending you a glare.

You gave Jimin the ball, he missed. Taehyung had the ball and threw it at Jay but missed. The ball was with Namjoon, he threw the ball to Jungkook and the maknae managed to hit the other 2 girls. You smiled at them.

You gave the ball to Baekhyun. He threw it at Jay. Jay was eliminated. Jin has the ball and missed, you caught the ball and instantly hit Woobin and Yeseung. Four more to go.

Jungkook has the ball again. He threw it in Taehee's direction but missed. Hoseok caught the ball from Jungkook and threw it at Jinyoung (also not the Jinyoung of Got7). He was eliminated after that.

Taehyung caught the ball from Jungkook, he threw the ball in Taehee's direction but missed. Jimin threw the ball in Taehee's direction but instead of Taehee, he hit Kangjoon.

It was Jungkook's turn again and threw the ball at Jun without hesitation. Jun was eliminated.

Baekhyun's turn came and he threw it at Jisoo but missed. Jin caught the ball and threw it back at Baekhyun. He took his chance to hit Jisoo and before he knew it, Jisoo was already eliminated. It was just Taehee left.

Jungkook instantly threw the ball in Taehee's direction. She dodged it. Namjoon instantly threw the ball in her direction again and as expected, she dodged it. That happened repeatedly, after Namjoon, it was Taehyung and after him, it was Eunwoo and so on. Until it was your turn and threw the ball where most likely she'll go. And your trick worked. She thought she was dodging the ball but it ended up that she came for the ball.

Your team cheered enthusiastically. You could feel her glaring at you.

Taehee sent daggers at you at the corner as she said,

"Kwon Jiyeon, you're so dead."

-------------------------------------------------------------

This chapter has a part 2 which would be the next chapter. Jiyeon's or your team did not win yet. But let's see whose team will win!

Don't forget to vote if you like this chapter!

[edited]

~Gene💜