Chapter 46

Mortal Realm
Weeks had passed since you were rescued from that hell. You've been really grateful since the boys, Hyerin, Jackson, Baekhyun, Eunwoo and your family were there to cheer you up and assure you that you'll be fine but you still had nightmares.

You also already talked to your mother and Jiyong. Your mother told you everything that she knew about you and your father. She also confirmed that she was never your biological mother but she loved you like you were hers. You also thanked both her and your brother for their unconditional love. It felt really nice if you would say. Finally knowing everything...it felt really great.

"Yeon," someone called, breaking your train of thoughts. You turned to your brother and his wife, Sooyun. They were here to spend time with you since you refused to go with them to Japan.

"Yeah?"

"Are you ok? I called you so many times--" You cut your brother shortly.

"Oppa," You took a deep breath.

"I'm sorry for not being there on your wedding day. I'm really sorry." You said.

"That's ok Jiyeon, as long as your safe and sound here, it's ok," Jiyong said as he hugged you tightly.

"I didn't know my life is this twisted." You whispered. You broke the hug and turned to Sooyun. You held her hand tightly.

"Eonnie, please take care of my brother and my mother for me. I know it's too sudden but please promise me." You said practically begging.

"Of course, I'll take care of them, I promise but you have to promise us one thing." She said, caressing your hand.

"What?"

"Take care of yourself too. We want to see you again, happy and alive. That's all we're asking for." Sooyun said giving your hand a little squeeze.

"I-I promise." You said.

"Take care there in Japan, ok? I'll miss you guys so much." You said hugging Sooyun and then your brother again.

"I'm back~," Your mother said in a singsong voice with a plate full of cookies. You looked at Jin who was in the kitchen, he probably helped your mother. You smiled at him and mouthed a simple 'thank you'.

"You're always welcome, jagi."  He said through telepathy.

"Eomma," You called.

"Yes, sweetheart?"

"Please take care and...." You were hesitating to tell her. She waited for you to continue.

"...and thank you so much for loving me and my father wholeheartedly." You said, fighting an urge to cry.

"Sweetheart, you don't have to thank me and always remember that I'm here and I'll always be your mother. I hope that you'll see your real mother soon. I would love to talk to her about you." She said, wiping the tears on her cheeks as she released a chuckle.

"I'll miss you eomma." You said, tears finally rolled down your cheeks as you hugged your mother. She hugged you tightly too. You broke the hug and smile.

"Let's eat, I'm sure the cookies are delicious." You said, sniffing.

-------------------------------------------------------------

"Jiyeon?" You heard Jackson called at the other side of your door.

"Y-Yeah?" You said, trying your best to make your voice sound normal.

"Can I go in?" You heard him sighed. You hesitated for a second but opened the door anyway. You hid your face with your hair. When he was finally inside your room, you closed and locked the door.