Chapter 49

Immortal Realm
"Sweetie..."

"Sweetie, open your eyes."

"Jiyeon,"

You opened your eyes and looked around. You saw nothing but white. Until you saw a lady smiling at you. You sat up and unknowingly smiled back, wondering why you were there.

"I'm sorry but how did you know my name? Who are you? Why am I here?" You bombarded.

"Woah, easy there." She said as she giggled. You stared at her in awe, she looked so ethereal, perfect.

She didn't answer you though, instead, she stared at you and then sighed.

"I want you to know that I'm really sorry. Oh dear...you don't know how much I missed you, how much I wanted to hug you, how much I longed for this moment to come. I'm sorry that I wasn't able to protect you. Sweetie, please forgive me." The lady in front of you started to weep.

At first, you couldn't understand her until it hit you.

"Eomma?" You asked, she only nodded as she smiled at you sadly.

"Finally!" You yelled as you hugged her tightly.

"M-Mom, I-I mean eomma--"

"It's ok if you call me mom or eomma, it's up to you." She said she wiped your tears.

"Mom," You said.

"I'm sorry, if only I didn't erase all your memories then we'll be happy together, with your father." She said as she cupped your cheeks.

"It's ok mom, it's really ok as long as you're here with me." You said, holding one of her hands.

"But listen to me carefully Jiyeon," She said seriously.

"I want you to be careful. I want to see you again, ok?" She said as she hugged you again.

"Ok, mom,"

"I promise that I'll protect you so please, please be careful, yeah?" She said.

"Ok," You said.

You noticed that she was slowly disappearing.

"W-What's happening?"  You asked as your voice trembled.

"Bye for a while." She said, kissing your forehead.

You didn't even get to bid your goodbye to her.

-------------------------------------------------------------

As soon as you opened your eyes, you instantly sat up. You searched for your mother again but you only realized that you were just in a familiar room.

The same hell you escaped just a few weeks ago.

"Looks like I'm back," You whispered to yourself.

"Jiji, are you there?" You asked but she didn't reply. You gritted your teeth remembering what Chanyeol did.

You honestly felt so scared at the moment.

"No, you need to be brave, you need to be strong." You said. You stood up and went to the door. You were surprised that it wasn't locked at all.

But as soon as you twisted the knob and opened it, you were greeted by an angry-looking Chanyeol.

"What are you doing?" He asked as he knitted his brows.