Pilot (Kiss)

hello there my children. this episode contains the following: swearing, kissing, and arguments. nOt ReVeALiNg aNyThInG eLsE, jUsT rEaD iT.
I kissed Jughead. I actually kissed Jughead. I rubbed my temples, a headache starting to form as I thought about how it happened:

Jughead and I were sitting at a booth at Pop's, talking our mouths off, alone, seeing as Betty was sick, the poor thing, and Archie was on a weekend trip in Chicago with his mom. Riverdale has been quiet without my bestie and boyfriend, but something felt weird between me and Jughead in that booth.

I could feel something, and the feeling felt familiar. It was on the tip of my head, but I couldn't grasp it. We then got up, walking to the door of the diner. Then he and I make eye contact. We both stopped talking, and my stomach churned. Both our huge smiles faded as Jughead's eyes moved down slowly to my lips. I push into him suddenly, kissing him gently. He seems shocked at first, but slowly puts his arms around my waist and kisses me back.

I bring myself back to reality, remembering I have a boyfriend and Jughead has a girlfriend—none other that my best friend. I pull away slowly, my heart dropping. I look down shake my head when he looks at me.

"Veronica..." He says, closing his eyes and shaking his head.
"We can't do this. I have Archie, you have Betty—" She said.
"Veronica," he interrupts me. I can't bring myself to look up at him.
"I'll see you around, Jug—Jughead." With that, I left Pop's. I fast-walked to Andre, getting in the car. I looked back at Jughead, he was in front of the door to Pop's, staring at the car as we drove away.
T H E    N E X T
D A Y   A T   S C H O O L
I walked into school, a pit of dread in my stomach. I joined Betty, who'd overcome her cold, and Archie, who came back from Chicago late last night, in the lounge, praying to God Jughead wouldn't come. Lucky me, he walked in five seconds later. We made eye contact, but I looked away quickly. I stared at my fidgeting hands in my lap, and Jughead spoke.
    "I need to talk to you guys." He stayed standing, a few feet away from me.
    Archie looked up at him. "What about?"
    "Yeah, Juggie, what about?" Betty said, wrapping her arms around his waist. I scoffed, taking a sip of my coffee.
    "It's about Veronica and I"
    I almost spit out my coffee in outrage. I glare at him intensely, shaking my head.
    "DON'T YOU DARE!" I mouthed to him.
    "We were at Pop's yesterday." Jughead continues, still staring at me.
    He swallowed. "And... we kissed."
    It's painfully silent as Betty unwraps herself from Jughead, and Archie stares at me, a mixture of disbelief and pain in his eyes.
    "How... how could you, V?" Betty asked, genuine hurt in her eyes.
    "B, it was just one stupid kiss, it meant nothing, please." I begged, tears starting form at the way Archie was looking at me.
    "Archie, please forgive me, I'm sorry."
    Jughead simply stood there, quiet. I could tell he was thinking about what I said. His head down, eyes closed, eyebrows furrowed.
Jughead's POV.
"It was just one stupid kiss, it meant nothing."
Was that really how she felt about it?
"I kissed Archie." Betty blurted.
"BETTY! " Archie yelled.
"W-what?" Veronica says, and it pains me to see her hurt like that.
Wait, why do I care? It was a meaningless kiss between me and her--but, wait, Archie and Betty... kissed?
Betty nodded indignantly, her eyes filled with anger as she stared at Veronica.
"That's right, we kissed. Deal with it! I never wanted to be your friend ANYWAY." Betty blurted to Veronica, her voice filled with hate. Veronica's eyes fill with tears, and she runs out of the lounge.
"You're a real bitch, Betty Cooper." I say before I start running after Veronica. "RONNIE WAIT!" I yell after her, and she stops running. She turns to me, mascara ruined and face soaked with tears. I slow down in front of her, pulling her into a tight hug. She cries into my shoulder.
"I-I'm s-sorry, I r-ruined everything f-for you, J-Jug..." She whispers, her tears soaking my shirt.
"Shh... shh... no, you didn't ruin anything." I stroke her back, pulling her in tighter.
Her cries quiet down, her breaths slowing. I loosen my grip on her, and she slightly pulls away. Our faces are inches apart, and my gaze strays down to her lips.
And then...
Word count: 826 words.
HAHAHAHA IM SO MEAN. requests are open btw. Cliffhanger! Teeheehee. Tell me anything u want to happen, people cheating, people kissing (or something more *wink wink nudge nudge*), Betty being nicer, anything!