Screams

Jughead's POV
I wake up to screams. I rush off the couch, sprinting to Ronnie.
She's gone.
Panic rises inside of me, my breathing quickening. I run my hand through my hair, hearing the front door open.
"WHERE IS MY CHILD!!" I hear Toni scream, and I run over to her.
"How the hell did you know something happened?!" I shout, curiosity, worry and anger mixing in my body.
"I JUST KNEW, SHE'S MY FUCKING BEST FRIEND AND LIKE A SISTER TO ME!! IT'S A SIXTH SENSE OKAY?! WHERE IS SHE?!" Toni screams at me, her face flooding with anger and impatience.
"...gone." I whisper, realization hitting me once again.
"What?"
"She's... she's gone... I-I heard a scream, rushed—rushed over to my room... she-she wasn't t-t-there..." I start to sob. Toni's shocked eyes brim with tears. She wraps me in a hug.
"We're gonna get her back, Jug. I promise. I'll call Cheryl."
Veronica's POV
I wake up to see a man dressed in all black with a ski mask over his face, and I scream. The next thing I know is I'm unconscious and out of the trailer.
My vision clears slightly as my head pounds. I observe my surroundings;
I'm in a basement, somewhere I don't recognize, with faded wallpapers and a broken desk. I'm sitting in a steel chair, ropes around my feet, wrists and torso. Duct tape covers my mouth.
The man from before enters the room and I struggle against my bindings.
"Nice to meet you too, I'm the Black Hood." The man says, and my heart stops.
The 'Black Hood' ? I think, my eyebrows creasing.
"Let's have a little fun, shall we?"
I think he's going to take my clothes off like before, but no. He brings out a small dagger and I panic.
He brings it to my cheek. I stare at it, and after a few seconds he slashed it against my cheek. My tears mix with the blood, causing a sting to the cut. He jabs the dagger into the top of my forearm, and I groan in pain as I lean forward. More tears spill as he stabs my thigh, too.
The tip of the dagger traces my under eye, and one of my tears slip onto it.
"Ah, I see that'd be enough. See you tomorrow, honey."
Cheryl's POV
I receive Toni's call and immediately, I'm at Jughead's trailer, dressed in red from head to toe. My bow is sling over my shoulder, over the arrows.
I feel anger boiling my blood.
"Let's go." I state firmly. Toni and I sit together on her motorcycle. We follow Jughead on his motorcycle, and we search the whole forest next to Sweet Water River.
I check my phone.
2:48 AM.
"Jughead, it's almost three in the morning. We should go home, get some rest." I say, my hand on his shoulder. Toni nods in agreement.
"No. No, no, no. We can't stop. She has to be somewhere here. I can't give up." He says, running a hand through his hair, unconsciously knocking his beanie off his head. Toni picks it up, holding it to his chest as she places a hand on his shoulder. He stares at her.
"We'll continue tomorrow. Break of dawn. I promise, Jug." Toni says, understanding and earnesty on her face.
"...break of dawn."
A/N:
I'm gonna start giving the chapters names. Also, I'm in Dallas right now!! I'm super excited but kinda sad because we're dropping my brother off at college for sophomore year. Sad. Bye my lovelies! Don't worry, travel won't affect uploads. I'll notify if writer's block comes back. I've got a few ideas for the next few chapters though.
Heehee~