I Love You

Veronica's POV
I strolled happily into school the next day, to find Jughead in the lounge, accompanied by none other than Betty and Archie.
My stomach drops, my happy mood disappearing as I sit next to Jughead.
"W-whats going on?" I asked hesitantly.
"Betty and Archie have... something to tell us." Jughead answers, not meeting my eyes. I hold his arm, getting out of my seat and kneeling in front of him, holding his cheek in my hand. I see sadness in his eyes. I hug him, for long, and let go reluctantly. I sit back down next to him, my head resting on his shoulder. He intertwines his fingers with mine, looking up at Archie and Betty.
"We're dating." Betty says unexpectedly, and Jughead immediately perks up. I guess he'd thought Archie'd gotten Betty pregnant or something.
"That's—" I start, searching for the words.
"Great." Jughead finishes for me. I nod. "We are too." Jug states as he releases my hand and puts his arm around my shoulder.
"O-oh..." Betty says, slight hurt in her eyes. Archie takes her hand, and she smiles. I lean my head on Jug, smiling as I closed my eyes peacefully.
Later, Jughead's Trailer
Veronica's POV
"Jughead, can... we talk?" I asked nervously.
"Of course." He says, placing his hands on his hips, a grin on his face.
"I-I want to join the S-Serpents..." I say hesitantly. My stomach dropped when he doesn't say anything, but his grin drops.
"Are you insane?!" He almost shouts. I flinch, taking a step back. "I won't—can't—let you join the Serpents!! It's way too dangerous, Ronnie." He says, his face going stiff and stern.
"I-I'm sorry... I shouldn't have asked. I'll just go." I go to pick up my coat, but he stops me.
"Ronnie... I'm sorry. It's just... I can't have you getting hurt. It'd be my fault. If something happened to you... I'd never forgive myself." He says with full sincerity, and I meet his eyes, full of worry, affection and honesty. I press my lips to his gently, wrapping my hands around his neck as he wraps his around my waist. I pull back, looking into his happiness-filled green eyes. I smile, rubbing the back of his neck slowly.
"I... I love you Jughead Jones." I say, full certainty in my voice. He looks taken aback for a second, but then answers, a huge smile on his face.
"I love you too, Veronica Lodge."
sOrRy ThiS iS sO sHoRt i HaVe WriTeR's bLoCk. SoMeOnE hELp
Word count: 435
*super ashamed of myself*