Why Not?

Veronica's POV
Archie called me. I answered.
"Hey, Ronnie, meet me at Pop's in ten?"
"Sure, Archiekins."
So, there I was, twenty minutes later, unable to refuse an offer Archie was offering me. My heart hurt, and I needed to forget Jughead.
"Ronnie, I know you're going through a lot right now, and I understand if it's a no, but, will you be my girlfriend?"
I think for a moment.
"Of course, Archiekins! Why not?" I exclaim, standing up. He does the same. At that moment, I see Jughead enter Pop's. Without thinking, I pull Archie to me, kissing him deeply. He pulls me closer, his hands around my waist.
I feel Jughead's stare on my back.
Jughead's POV
I walk into Pop's, the only thing distracting me from heartbreak being food.
But I see Archie.
And Veronica.
Kissing.
If possible, my heart shatters even more. I stare at Ronnie's back. I feel tears brimming my eyes. I quickly exit, straight-faced. I bump into Toni, and she shoves me.
"Why would you do that to her, why are you here—" she stops herself mid-sentence, seeing the tears in my eyes.
"I was just leaving, chill." I say, my voice breaking. I walk past her quickly, and she stares after me.
Toni's POV
He was crying? Why?
Then I enter Pop's, and I find out why.
Veronica and Archie are in front of their booth, kissing. They break apart when Ronnie sees me. I'm glaring at her. I don't know why, but I find myself believing Jughead.
"I guess Jug's not the only heartless one, eh?" I say, the sharpness in my voice obvious as I flash the smallest, quickest fake smile ever. I exit the diner, anger clear on my face. I ride my bike over to Jughead's trailer, letting myself in. He's just how I found him when Ronnie was taken by the Black Hood. An estimate of six beers next to him. He's finishing his seventh.
"Jug..."
He looks at me, startled. He relaxes after a few seconds.
"What do you want, Topaz?" He replied coldly.
"I'm sorry. I believe you now. I want you to forgive me." I sit down on the couch next to him.
He looks at me, and he nods slightly.
"Perfect." I grin, "Now let's go get your girlfriend back."
With that, we head to get on our motorcycles. We ride off in the direction of Pop's to see...