17; clichés

C A L U M

"Calum, why is she here?" Mum glared at Amity. "You weren't going to have-"

"Mum, no! I told you I would be having someone over. Why are you acting this way towards my guest?"

"Acting what way?" She questions.

"You are being rude to her and you never act like this."

"Maybe cause she walked in on us while I was blowing raspberries on your half-naked body." Amity pipes up.

"She has a point." Mum agrees with her.

"That gives you no reason to be this disrespectful." I scold.

"Disrespectful? Me? I think you should be saying that to her who was touching my baby boy like that." She crosses her arms and proceeds to act as if Amity wasn't even in the room. "And then acting like a bitch to me when I enter the room!"

"Mum!" I gasp.

"You know what," Amity says. “I think I should go."

"Amity, no." I plead.

"Goodbye Mrs.Hood, it was nice meeting you." She bids her farewell and exits my room, racing out of the house.

"Look what you've done mum!" I yell. Her mouth drops, as if she hadn't done anything wrong. I chase after Amity, charging through the front door and out onto the lawn.

"Amity!" I call, "Amity, wait!"

She turns around, wiping away the tears which streaked her cheeks. She looks to the ground and wraps her arms around herself.

"What, Cal?"

"I just don't want you to leave." I explain, "We were having so much fun and it had only just begun. I felt like we were get closer. I mean, I haven't laughed like that in a long time. Don't let my mum ruin our afternoon."

"Calum, she thinks I'm some kind of slut which you picked up off the corner. I can't face her again. I'm sorry, Cal. I just- I have to go." She turns on her heel and walks as fast as she can away from me.

I hang my head low and trudge miserably back into the house, slamming the front door behind me.

Mum shuffles out of my room and opens her mouth to speak. I raise my hand, signaling for her to stop.

"Save it." I push past her and enter my room, sitting slumped over on my bed.

"Excuse me?" She says in a condescending tone.

"You know what, you have no right to act like parent you are supposed to be when before you were acting like an absolute child." I snap.

"Watch your attitude, young man or you'll be grounded." She threatens. "No hanging out with friends for two weeks."

"I don't care! The only person I want to see right now is Amity and you've scared her off. She'll never want to come back here now." I yell. I was mad, filled with rage. The only person I wanted to direct it at was mum.

"It gives me a sick feeling, yelling at you like this." I admit, lowering the volume of my voice. "But you deserve it. We were having fun, and you just had to go as ruin it."

"Calum, calm down."

"No, about 5 minutes before you walked in - without knocking - she was crying because she already had enough problems dealing with her so called 'best friend' and all I was trying to do was make her happy. She finally smiled after I began to tickle her. It was all just a bit of fun which you took too seriously and you just went and jumped to conclusions. Evidentially, you were wrong." I lie down, hiding my face in my pillow. "Could you please just leave me alone? I just want to be by myself." I ask, my voice muffled by the pillow.