24; feeling at home

C A L U M

"This might sound weird, and be honest with me here. But do you want to maybe just go straight to mine, and you can stay over. Mum won't come in my room, and I'm guessing you don't particularly want to go back to your own house." I nervously speak, keeping my eyes on the road ahead of us.

She doesn't reply, only sits in silence as if she is contemplating my propostion. I can imagine the thoughts travelling through her head right now, probably thinking that I'm just using her for sex.

"I won't try anything Amity, you aren't a booty call to me." I softly add, hoping to diminish the negative thoughts in the air.

Her body seems to settle at my words, and a calm feeling enters my body. I can't feel offended that she thought of it in that way in the first place, for all she has ever known is how to expect the worst.

"It's not like I don't ever want to... do certain things with you Calum. It's just I'm scared to rush into things when I don't think either of us are ready." She murmurs.

"You have no reason to explain yourself, babe." A smile appears on her face at the term of endearment. "If I got angry at you for something as simple as that, then you shouldn't be with me. Sex and things go along with it, they aren't the be all and end all."

Her hand reached across to make it's way to my upper thigh, tracing circles as we both smiled. "And this, Calum, is why I am so ecstatic that I got to know you. Sneaking in with you, sounds perfect to me."

As unusual as it sounded, I felt like giggling like a little girl. Everything Amity touched me, she set my skin on fire and made every thing else feel mediocre on my skin. Even with all of the stress I was dealing with at the moment, a simple touch of the skin made me feel like everything would fall into place.

I pulled up in front of my house, the bright headlights illuminating it in the night sky. My parents cars were both parked in the driveway, signalling that they were both home and hopefully asleep. They believed in early nights and early mornings, which basically opposed my own sleep pattern.

I opened my car door, Amity doing the same. She walked over to my side, as I grabbed her hand reassuringly. I held on to it tightly, leading her up the driveway and around the house, deciding to go through the back door.

"Just try to be as quiet as possible, if my parents come out I will come up with an excuse." I whispered at her, as she nodded back.

We entered the house, holding the door open for Amity which I then slowly and quietly locked behind us.

Still holding onto her hand, I guided her into my room which thankfully was on the opposite side of the house to my parents. I shut the door behind us, as Amity untangled our hands and went and placed her possessions down, before taking a seat on the edge of my bed.

"Last time I was on this bed your Mum accused me of being a prostitute!" Amity laughed, playing with my blanket.

"That's right." I laughed along with her. "She truly does mean well, even if she doesn't act like it. I guess I'm just a Mummy's boy."

"Yeah I know. I'm not one to be judging other people's parents anyway." Amity half-heartedly laughed, attempting to make a job out of an awkward situation.

"Let's not talk about our parents, they aren't here." I spoke, walking to my closet to pull out a shirt and sweats Amity could change into.

I handed them to her, as she smiled back. I turned away, so I was facing the door and so she could get changed without my eyes on her. I had to physically stop myself from turning around, but you can't blame me.

She is beautiful and nothing less.

"You can turn around now." She mumbled, as I turned around to see her already cuddled up in my bed. I silently thanked my parents for buying me a King Size bed recently.

"Made yourself at home already, cutie?" I laughed, teasing her as I followed and got into bed next to her. "Do you mind if I take my jeans off?"

"As long as if that's all that comes off. Not to say I wouldn't mind seeing that toned chest of yours again." Amity giggled, moving closer to me. She rested her head on my chest, her head moving up and down to the beat of my heart.

"Well only if you take off yours!" I joked, earning her to hit my chest lightly.

It went silent for a few moments, as each of us decided what to talk about next. It wasn't awkward, more of a comfortable silence.

"Hey Cal, you know that day that your Mum called me a prostitute. Well I just realised, wasn't your shirt off? Didn't she see your tattoo?" Amity questioned, nuzzling closer into me.

"She was too angry to see anything, and when you ran out she turned to watch you so I slipped a shirt on quickly." I explained.

"Ah, always the thinker." Amity responded, yawning shortly afterwards.

"We can sleep now if you'd like." I whispered, running my fingers through her hair.

"That would be nice, good night Cal." She murmured, leaning up to place a few soft kisses on my lips.

"Night baby, wake me up if you need anything." I whispered back, placing one last kiss on the top of her head before drifting off into a deep sleep.

-

"Calum? Calum? Calum can I come in? We need to talk!" My Mothers voice rang through my ears, my eyes fluttering open.

And that is when the panic kicked in.

For Amity had woken up before me, and had heard her too. And was now frantically looking at me, asking what she should do.

I mouthed the words bed to her, pointing to the ground, as she quickly scampered underneath it and his behind all of the storage I had under it.

"Come in Mum, sorry I was in a deep sleep." I groggily called, causing my Mum to break through the door with a smile adorning her face.

"So Cal, we need to talk about a few things." She started, walking over and sitting on my bed. "Lately your Father and I have been noticing how much effort you have been putting in to soccer, and we have spoken to Coach who says that you are a lot more focused."

"Yeah well I have been trying to make more of an effort for myself and for the team." I mumbled, still worried that she would see Amity.

"Because of this, we have decided... well I have decided, to give that girl you like a chance. Amy, was it?"

"Oh. It's Amity, what do you mean give her another chance?" I questioned.

"I'd like to invite her over for dinner with us at some point in the next week. We can get to know her a bit better and see if she truly is good enough for our boy!" Mum laughed, even though I knew she was being deadly serious.

"Are you sure Mum? Things didn't go well between the two of you last time, I'm not going to let you attack her like that again." I sternly spoke, not letting her endearing words get the best of me.

"I am definitely sure Cal, let me know if she agrees and we can organise something. I'm going to go have brunch with your Father now, speak later!" She exclaimed, before running out of the room and shutting the door behind her.

Amity popped out from under the bed, a confused look plastered on her face.

"Does your Mother usually invite prostitutes to dinner?"

-

thank you for reading, remember to vote and comment xx