27; unexpected invitation

A M I T Y

Calum had invited me to come hang with him, Luke and Annabeth after school so that the boys could practice some soccer skills they learned from training, and also for another weird double date. Annabeth attended a different school to us, a private school that usually only produced girls who were too highly strung and thought they were allowed to be whores but not get labelled because they were posh. Luckily, Annabeth was the opposite.

We had walked down to a shop down the street to grab some food, and had now walked back to see that Calum and Luke were still kicking the ball around and attempting to master game plans. They were both so focused on improving lately, which just confused me even more because I knew how much Calum despised the game.

But it was a touchy subject, so I never brought it up with him.

I was just happy that we were still together, after the horrific dinner with his parents and the confrontation that was my alcoholic and abusive Mother. He had stayed throughout it all, even saying that he would lie to his parents just so he could be with me.

And I would be the first to admit that by doing that, I was falling even faster for him.

"You'd think that they would get bored of kicking the ball back and forward to each other after nearly an hour!" Annabeth laughed, snapping me out of my thoughts and back into reality.

"I know I would. They are so obsessed I swear." I laughed back, shaking my head at the two boys.

"I think it's kind of sweet how they help each other out though. Luke tells me they've been friends for a pretty long time now, and I just love their friendship. I even begin to envy it at times." Annabeth commented, grabbing a handful of chips out of the packet.

"Weirdly enough, so do I. I guess I've never really had many strong friendships, and those two just seem as if they can always rely on each other. Luke was always accepting of mine and Calum's relationship, and he hardly even questioned it." 

"At my school, there is no such thing as a strong friendship. All of the girls will say one nice thing to each others face and then literally a minute later will be bitching about them to someone else. I try not to be apart of it, but it's almost embedded in all of our brains." 

I nodded, agreeing with her. I looked over to the boys, Calum catching my eye immediately. Trying to impress me, he kicked the ball up and tried to headbutt it, missing completely and slipping on the grass. He fell to the ground, Luke laughing and pointing at him as he did so. I let out a chuckle, yelling out to him.

"Good job babe, maybe next time you should try to get the ball at least somewhere near the top of your head!" 

Calum pouted, before laughing along with everyone else. He then turned his back and started kicking the ball again.

"So you and Calum seem to be going pretty well." Annabeth commented, smiling at me.

"Yeah we aren't going too bad. Even though we've been dating for over a month now, I feel like we're still testing the waters. We have our bad days, but in contrast we have really good days. I just wish that he wasn't so distant towards me, I think he finds it hard to open up. He knows that I have problems of my own, so he doesn't want to unload his problems onto me." I replied, suprised at how open I was being to a girl I hardly knew.

"Well if it makes any better, I love you two together. You aren't a typical couple, and that's exactly what I love about you two." 

"Well thank you very much. You'd be one of the first to say that! How are you and Luke going?" I asked, feeling my cheeks rush at her compliments.