30; drunk on jealousy

C A L U M

I stormed out of Holly's house, seething with complete and utter anger which appeared to be clouding my vision. I was shaking, my breaths coming out in short huffs as I recounted the events of the last five minutes.

I had walked in to find Amity with her tongue almost down the throat of a guy who was completely in love with her. I had yelled at her, said a few bad things and grabbed Michael by the collar, pushing him onto the bed. Then, I ran down the stairs... kissing Holly bashfully in my wake which caused Amity to fall to the floor. 

She was a bitch.

But I was a dickhead.

I jogged to my car, grabbing my keys out my pocket and opened the door, slamming it behind me and sliding into the driver's seat. I turned on the ignition, but kept my foot on the break as I tried to get my breathing back into a normal speed. I gripped the steering wheel, before slamming my head into it as tears began to fall.

I pulled back, driving off as I attempted to control my emotions. I had gone to Holly's because I felt bad for the way I had spoken to Amity, and was going to go hang out with her for a while. I could clearly see that I was in the wrong and knew I had to make amends before things went too far and I lost her for good. 

Which really didn't work at all.

When I had arrived at the party, I found Luke and Annabeth straight away with their tongues delving into each others throats outside, and questioned them to find where Amity was. They lead me to the kitchen, but she was no where to be seen. 

That's when Holly appeared from the corner, boobs packed into a dress that she looked like she bought when she was twelve, being about 5 sizes to small for her. She had to cups in her hands which were overflowing with alcohol, and was sloppily leaning on the fridge. Her eyes sparkled as they met mine, and that's when she managed to slur out in her drunken state:

"Looking for Amy? She's upstairs in some bedroom probably giving head to that guy who punched you, they looked pretty cosy to me."

At that point all common sense of mine flew out the window and all I focused on was charging up the stairs, skipping two at a time. I checked a few rooms, until I found Amity and Michael both leaning into each other. Holly had been right, and it made me feel sick to the stomach  that if I were just a few minutes later I could have witnessed an even more intimate situation.

After yelling at Amity, and getting my anger out, I felt so incredibly spiteful and wanted to hit Amity where it hurt the most. So as I bounced down the stairs, I saw slutty Holly leaning against the end post with a smirk on her face and in the heat of the moment, I bashed my lips against hers. 

She didn't taste the way Amity did, she tasted like cheap vodka and throw up. Amity always tasted sweet, faintly of cherries. When that thought had made its way to my mind, that's when I knew I had fucked up. 

Sure, so had Amity... but I had kissed a girl who completely tormented and broke Amity down right in front of her just to get revenge for something that didn't even happen.

I was fucked. 

I didn't deserve Amity, and there was no point fighting for her when I would always lose. I was a lost cause, and I was sick of dragging her down alongside me. Hell, she even had to be a secret to my parents because I am too much of a pussy to stand up to them.

I pulled into my driveway and turned off the car, contemplating my next move. I looked across at my phone which was sitting on the passenger seat, and grabbed it.

There were a few missed calls from Luke, and a few texts from Holly. Holly was pleading with me to come back and spend the night with her, as I scoffed at the hope she had that I actually felt something for her.