39; unfinished business

C A L U M 

"And then her parents said how happy they were that we were together, and that even know I was moving away next year they hoped we could work things out. They were so supportive, it was sick!" Luke drawled on, telling me about how meeting Annabeth's parents went.

"That's great man, I'm happy for the two of you." I spoke the truth, even though I was jealous of the relationship he could have with her parents. With Amity and I, it was a whole different story.

We were walking side by side back from the canteen, once I went and picked up a sandwich that I would probably end up sharing with Amity. School seemed to drag on and on, the only thing getting me through was the fact that I got to see my favourite girl.

"Speaking of relationships, you haven't yet told me how you and Amity got back together. Good best friend you are!" Luke joked, as I grinned back at him.

"Well I went to her house after she called me, and I really thought she was just going to scream at me, rip my head off and tell me she didn't want to see me again. But we started talking, and she opened up to me so much. Oh, and then she told me she loved me." I spoke, not being able to stop the smile that was plastered across my face.

"She what?! Did you say it back? Please tell me you did. That would have been awkward." Luke replied, his eyes wide in anticipation.

"Of course I did, because I do love her." I clearly said, my true feelings portrayed through the words I spoke.

"Oh my god, so then what?"

"Um. Well it's a pretty long story, and it's kind of boring. Maybe save it for another day?" I mumbled, trying to avoid the news I knew I had to tell him.

"Calum, what happened?" Luke asked, stopping me and dragging me over to the other side of the hall where no one could hear.

"We had sex." I blurted out, covering my mouth in shock as Luke's eyes widened even more.

"You what! Are you kidding me right now? Please tell me you aren't lying!" Luke screamed, and I had to stop myself from laughing at his over the top reaction.

"This is for your ears, and your ears only. But yeah, we did. And it was pretty damn great, and we have been talking everyday since so it hasn't been awkward at all."

"Man I'm so happy for you. But Calum, uh..." Luke trailed off, suddenly looking very nervous. "Aren't you a virgin?"

I mentally cursed, forgetting that Luke was the only person who knew that about me. I had always felt so incredibly pressured to be the big shot jock, who slept with thousands of girls and left a trail of broken hearts wherever he went. I hadn't even told Amity yet, but I hoped she wouldn't mind.

"Was a virgin. Can we stop talking about this now, it's starting to get kind of weird in a school hallway." I laughed, trying to change the subject. Luke nodded, smiling as we continued down the hall and out into the blazing sun.

"So, how was she?" Luke quickly exclaimed, throwing me a wink as I narrowed my eyes at him, softly pushing him aside.

"You're a dick, you know that?"

"That's why you love me Calum. Did you ever inform Amity of our secret relationship, she better not step on my toes." Luke chuckled, and I couldn't help but laugh along at his stupid sense of humour.

As we walked out onto the oval, we spotted Ashton and Mikayla sitting down under a tree, engrossed in some intense conversation with each other. Amity was pacing back and forth behind them, and appeared to be on the phone to someone. She looked scared, and that made my heart beat ten times faster.