Chapter 1

The sun shines brightly through the windows, warming my skin. I watch as the birds fly through the beautiful blue sky, and I can't help  but wish I was as free as those birds. I sigh, resting my chin on my hand as I get lost looking outside the window.

 "Miss Y/N" The teacher call me.

At the mention of my name, I look back in front of me, realizing that the teacher is standing right in front of my desk, with her arms crossed over her chest.

 "Do you think birds are more interesting than my class." She continued.

Yes, but I don't want any problems, so I apologized."I'm sorry, it wasn't my intention to be disrespectful in any way."

 She nods, still not looking very happy, but turns around and walks back to her desk.

You might think this is a normal college, but this place is far from normal.  This collage is a psychiatric that has, in its majority, young patients that suffer from some type of psychological disorder. We live here until we are well enough to leave and live our normal lives again.

The three levels of this building are categorized by levels of disorder, starting from light, medium, and server disorders.

The first level patients, like me, can attend a few normal classes to prevent us from falling behind academically and to mack us think that we are normal.

 But the truth is, everyone here is a little mad. Everyone has their own madness but one they have to live with and learn how to control. So instead of a psychiatric, I call this place... a madhouse.

I didn't even know a place like this existed until my grandparents proposed me to come here last month.

Why? Because my parents are no longer here. They were violently murdered two months ago. Just thinking about it causes me nausea's(A queasiness of the stomach that makes you want to vomit). I was there when it happened, but I can't remember clearly that horrible night, everything is blurry and confusing in my mind.

I just remember screams,blood, and the hideous sight of my parents lying dead in our living room. After that, I woke up at the police station.

The murderer killed everyone except me. The police told me the murderer was a serial killer who had already killed four families before mine, and that they were trying so hard to find him. They said I was very lucky to be the only one who survived, but I don't fell fortunate at all. After that, my grandparents decided to send me here, i think they weren't ready to deal with an 18 year old diagnosed with a traumatic stress disorder, depression with a panic attacks, and with suicidal tendencies. They feared for my life, and i was sure I reminded them constantly of my parents, I understood their pain.

"Y/N." A soft voice whispers behind me and I turn around slightly. It's Jihye, the only friend I made until now.

No one can pronounce my name correctly here, their Korean accent is very strong when they pronounce my English name, but I find it cute.

"I need your help with English, I have a test tomorrow." She whispered.

"How do you know I'm fluent in English?" I asked.

English is my first language as I grew up in a small city in the U.S. My family and I lived there until my father made some enemies at work. He was a lawyer who sent some criminals to prison that probably searched for revenge. So he decided it was better to move back to South Korea, where we are originally from. We bought a beautiful house in the mountains, but only 6 months later, that monstrous killer ended their lives.

"Well, you have an English name and you have a little accent when speaking Korean." She told me.

"That's true, okay, I'll see what I can do to help you. I'll see you after class." I faked a smile, Completely forgot how to truly smile again.