Chapter 14

I start my way along the long corridor. It's dead silent.

The doors are different, they are made of thick metal, with an extreme security. Some of them have small windows, while others don't.

I swallow hard, feeling nervous. It's too quiet in here, the only sounds that are heard are my steps and my accelerated heartbeat.

I start walking a bit faster when I hear something behind me.

I quickly turn around.

Nothing....

And that is when I hear a soft, delicate voice.

???: Why are you so rushed?

I freeze on the spot. I turn to look at the door next to me.

??: You don't have to be afraid, we are well locked up.

No, I can't answer.

I was about to start walking when the voice speaks again.

??: You are Y/N, aren't you?

That stops me again. How the hell does he know my name?

??: Don't be afraid, I can't hurt you.

 Curiosity moves my body and I take a step towards the door, enough to let me take a look inside through the small window.

There's a boy sitting at the far end of the room, his wrists are locked up in big chains, and a black cloth covers his eyes. He looks completely immobilized. Is it legal to have a patient like this.

Y/N: How do you know my name?

His lips form a smile.

??: I know a lot of things about you, the girl that survived the perfect killer, it's an honor to meet you. It's a pity I can't see you. I bet you must be very beautiful.

Y/N: How do you know all that?

??: Nurses talk, doctors talk, they think I'm never listening, that I'm in my own world, but it's not like that. It's insulting how they underestimate me.

Y/N: Even so, how could you know it was me with only hearing my steps.

His smile doesn't waver as he tilts his head.

??: I knew you were in this floor, so when I heard those footsteps, so full of fear, I just guess it was you, although you were the one who confirmed it for me.

My eyes move to the little metal plaque next to his door with the patient's name: Min Yoongi.

Under his name, there is a red circle, what does it mean?

Y/N: I have to go.

Yoongi: No, wait. Not everything is what it seems, Y/N.

His smile grow bigger.

Yoongi: He will come for you.

Y/N: He?

He licks his lips with an amused expression.

Yoongi: The killer.

My heart jumps in my chest.

Y/N: Why do you think like that?

Yoongi: Because that's what I'd do.

I take a step back.