Chapter 26

Group therapy has become more bearable. I don't feel surrounded by strangers anymore. I know their stories, I know what each and every girl in this room has been through. Today's therapy started like any other, but something in me is different. For the first time, I feel the need to speak, to give back some of the honesty and trust they've given me. I don't raise my hand, I don't call for attention. There is a moment of silence and I just speak. "My parents were murdered by a serial killer and I'm the only survivor." 

Silence...

Saying it out loud releases some weight off my shoulder, and Hani gives me an empathetic look. "I'm so sorry, Y/N." She spoke. The teacher gives me an approving look. "Good job, Y/N" The teacher say and the girls beside me squeeze my shoulders in a comforting gesture. "Thank you for telling us this." A girl said. Hani sighs. "Now I feel like a fool, my problems are nothing compared to yours." She says. I shake my head. "The weights we carry might be lighter or heavier, but they are still weights that keeps bringing us down. Our problems shouldn't be minizines or become less important just because someone carries a heavier weigh than us." I say and Hani gives me a smile. "Well said, Y/N" The teacher said amused. After therapy class it's lunch time, so I walk towards the canteen to find Jihye, when Hani calls me. I turn around to find her walking towards me, until she stops in front of me. "Hey, um... I just want to say that what you did today was very brave. You've inspired me to keep going." Her words catch me by surprise. "If you can, I can." She continued. My heart tightens. I take her hands and give her a smile. "Of course we can." I say as she smiles happily. "Do you want to join me, Jihye and Jasmine for lunch?" "Jasmine?" "Oh, right, she's my best friend, she came to visit me. I'll introduce you to her." "I'd love that." She said than walk to the canteen.

We walk inside the cafeteria, and surprisingly, I found Jihye and Jasmine already sitting together and talking happily. Jihye's English is very broken and Jasmine knows zero Korean, so it's fun watching them trying to communicate. "It seems like you two already met each other." I said and Jihye laughs a little. "She the only foreigner here, so I know she'd be the friend you've been telling me about." I smile, and introduce them both properly to Jasmine. We sat down and talk for a while, getting to know each other better altogether. Suddenly, I feel someone's eyes on me.I look around until I find them, those pair of eyes that I've missed so much. "Excuse me, I'll be back." I stand up and start walking towards him. He's standing behind the bar wearing an apron and a hat that make him look like a chief. "Hey, weirdo." he says as I reach up to him. "What a nice, surprise, Jungkook, what are you doing here?"

 "I have a new job to keep myself busy and entertain me a little, my psychologist said it'd help me."

"Oh, that's pretty cool. Do you like it?"

"I do, because now I have an excuse to see you more often." He sends me a playful wink and I laugh a little. His eyes move down to my wrist. "I see you liked my gift. I run my fingers along the bracelet, remembering how I had to seduce Jimin to get it back. "Of course, it's beautiful." He smiles brightly. "I missed you." he says as I return the smile. "Me too, weirdo."

For a second, his gaze falls to my lower lip, and a confused look filled his expression. "What happen to your lip."

 "Oh, it's nothing, don't worry." He doesn't say anything else.

 "Well, I'll head back to the table. I'll see you around~" 

"Yeah, see you, Y/n."