Chapter 29

"So what did you remember, Y/N? He ask. "I remember the time everything started. The power went off at 11.36 pm and I walked out my room around 10 minutes later. I was hoping the power would go on by itself, like it sometimes did." He writes everything in his notebook. "Good, that gives us a better time estimate."

"When I saw the killer, he had a knife in his left hand" "Left hand? He's left handed?"

"I guess." I continue. "I heard some noises downstairs, so i ran. When I reached the living room, I saw my parents tied up to chairs, with pool of blood underneath them." 

"The blood must've been your father's. The cause of death of your father was bleeding to death." Said Detective Jung. I feel like some one just stabbed my chest, and tears start filling my eyes. "Detective Jug, I'd appreciate if you were a bit more sensible." Dr. Kim interrupts. "I'm sorry."

"Don't worry about me, I'm fine, let's continue." Detective Jung takes some paper out of his folder.

"With this we have established a the period of time the killer had to neutralize with your parents, starting at 11:36 and using a total of approximately 10 minutes." Detective Jung continue. "Your father was the first to die, his time of death established at 12:27 am, nearly an hour later, which confirms he bled to death." 

My father suffered bleeding out for a whole hour?

holding y tears, I speak. "What was the time my mother's death?" He sighs, looking at his papers. "Your mother died at 1:46 am." "Cause of death?" 

"Y/N, stop, there's a difference between wanting to get information and torturing yourself." Dr. Kim says. 

"What happen with me?" I ask.

"We don't know, but when we found you in the morning, you were covered in blood, with a few bruises, but no major injury." Detective Jung explain.

 "In the morning?"

"Yes, the call to 911 wasn't made until 6:42 am."

"Why wouldn't I call earlier?" 

"Oh, you didn't call."

"What? Then who?" I ask.

"A boy." He said.

I join my eyebrows in confusion. We lived in the middle of nowhere, the closest neighbors lived a mile away. "A boy? But... how?"

"He was the son of the closest neighbors, he seemed to be really close to you."

A neighbor? We were close? But I don't remember anyone. 

"Dr. Kim told me you don't remember, but that boy was very brave, Y/N. He confronted the killer for you, he received a stab in his chest but luckily he survived."

What?

"That boy is the reason why you're still breathing and are here right now. It's a pity you don't remember him to thank him."

My mind is a complete mess, my heart beating like crazy in my chest. Who saved me? and why can't I remember? 

"You know who he is, right? Please tell me." The detective looks the doctor, as if waiting for his approval, and then back at me.. "He is here, patiently waiting for you to remember him."

That leaved me breathless. He... is here?

"Jasmine will be able to tell you more about him. She told us you always seemed to speak to her about him."

I only speak to Jasmine about boys I like. How can I not remember anything? 

"We'll tell her to wait in your room. She's authorized to answer any of your questions."

"Thank you so much, detective."

 I'm finally going to get some answers.

~~~~

I walk down the hall of the second floor towards the stairs, I already got used to walking around here coming to see Dr. Kim. It's not as bad as the third, some doors are locked while others are not. I guess some patients are more stable than others.  After walking by a girl talking to the walls, I lift my gaze and I immediately stop walking.

Yoongi.

I stop breathing watching him walk towards me, without chains, without restrictions. His eyes are no longer covered, allowing me to see those beautiful different colored eyes. But then I notice a huge bruise under his eye, and a big cut in his lip. What happened?

"I'm sending a message to your killer, I can assure you he'll come for me."

It can't be. Did the killer really go to him? He did this to him?

Yoongi's eyes meet mine and a smile lifts his lips. He stop in front of me, and i notice a guard following him at a distance.

"We see each other again, beautiful." He says.

I swallow hard. "Beautiful?"

"You're beautiful, you're not my type, but you're definitely beautiful."

"You seem to be in a good mood." I say.

"Oh, is it this obvious?"

I look at all the bruises on his face. "What happen to you?"

"You know what happen."

"He... came to you?" He lets out a dramatic sigh. "Always asking questions."

"And your always ignoring them." He laughs at that.

"That's how we are, you have questions and I have answers, but if I give you all the answers, you'll push me away once you have all you need, and let's say I don't want that to happen yet."

"Why?"

"Because its fun watching this relationship."

"You and I have no relationship."

He leans towards me, his eyes burning mine.

"I know, I mean the reletionship with your killer."

My heart stops. Yoongi leans back, smiling widely. He steps to the side, and as he walk past me, he whispers. "Wolves dress like sheep, sweetheart, you need to be smart or you'll end up being devoured."

Whistling, he walks away, leaving me completely speechless. My relationship with the killer... that means he's someone really close to me. I start questioning everything and everyone around me. I turn around and run after him, stepping in his way.

You can't say something like that and just leave, I need and explanation. "So impatient." 

"You know who he is,right? Please, please tell me."

"When you come to visit Dr. Kim here again, come to my room, number 28, and we'll talk there. We'll have more privacy without anyone following me."

"How do I know you won't hurt me?"

"You don't know."

"well, that's not very tempting."

"I already told you, it's not me who you need to be afraid of." With that, he gives me a smile before walking away. I stay still for a few seconds, processing everything, before finally making my way to the first floor.