Chapter 5

My sobs are the only thing that can be heard under the cold, silent night.

Jimin holds me tight, as if they're trying to hold my broken pieces together. The pain is unbearable, I never felt something like this before. It's the first time I let myself feel the lost of my parents and it's devastating.

Jimin takes my waist and turns me around. I'm crying breathlessly in front of him, how embarrassing.

He takes my face between his hands, his hands soft and warm against my cold cheeks. He forces me to lift my gaze and meet his beautiful eyes.

"You need to feel what you feel, Y/N, even if it's painful. It's eating you inside." His voice sounds so soft and calming. Is he a bipolar? First, he's a complete idiot and now he acts as if he cared about me.

I try to calm down and I slowly stop crying. I wipe my tears, and he doesn't stop looking at me the whole time.

"Do you feel better?" He ask. I nod my head. After crying like a river, I actually feel better. Now that I've let out everything I had inside of me, I feel a sense of peace run through my body.

"Thank you." I say, looking into his eyes. He nods and turns around.

"Now go to sleep." He orders coldly.

Yes, Jimin is definitely bipolar.

I don't say anything else, and I open the door, leaving.

~~

The guard is sleeping, thank goodness. I silently walk down the corridor and enter my room.

What the hell just happened? How did I end up crying in Jimin's arms.

I walk to my bed and suddenly freeze when I see there's a note on my pillow. With shaky hands, I take the note and read it.

"You enjoyed his company, didn't you? But don't forget who you belong to. Sleep well."

I frown in confusion. Whose company? Jungkook, or Jimin's?

Shivers run down my spine. a stranger is following my steps. How did e even enter my room? I don't feel safe in my own room, or anywhere else anymore.

~~~ A few days later...~~~

The past few days were pretty boring. I didn't see Jungkook, Jihye told me he's busy with a project. I miss him. He makes me laugh and that's something I need.

I saw Jimin a few times walking past the canteen, but we didn't speak, he didn't even look at me.

It's finally afternoon, classes just finished and I walk back to my room.

I walk around the same corner I saw the blood the other night. I wonder if it was all my imagination.

I'm starting to question my sanity.

I see Jihye waiting for me in the front of my room door.

"Hey, I've been waiting for you."

"Oh, why?"

"Well, a few people from the first floor will gather tonight in a small house in the woods, and I've notice you've been a bit down these days, so I think some fresh air and distraction will do good to you." She explained.

"Another gathering?" I ask.

"Yes, I actually have an escape plan."

"I'm really starting to question the security of this place."

~~~

"Hurry! Run to the forest!" Jihye shouted. I do as she says and run as fast as I can inside the big trees and wild vegetation.

I run until I'm breathless. I recognize the path that leads to the campfire. I think I went too deep into the forest.

I quickly turn around, trying to find Jihye running behind me, but all I see is a thick darkness.

"Jihye?" A clod wind makes me shiver.

"Jihye?" I whisper, trying to make my way back

I can barely see in front of me. Suddenly, a noise behind me catches my attention.

The sound of footsteps crashing onto dry leafs.

I feel observed.

"Jihye?" I turn around but I don't see anything. I'm so scared, I feel completely vulnerable and I don't like this.

I remember the blood, the mysterious notes, and I can feel m heart beating in my throat and ears. I can hear Jihye's voice calling my name from very far away.

I'm about to answer back when a cold hand covers my mouth and an arm circles my waist.