Chapter 2

"Oh my god, you scared the hell out of me! I thought I was gonna get caught." She whisper loudly as she brings her hand to her heart.

"oh sorry, I wasn't expecting anyone to be here at this time." I said as she let's out a soft chuckle.

"Don't worry about it. I'm Hani, I think I haven't met you before." She said. "I'm Y/N." I replied. "Y/N... your not from here are you?" She ask.

"My accent is pretty obvious, isn't it." She smiles

"What are you doing here so late? You said something about getting caught..." I questioned.

"Oh, isn't it because of the same reason you're here? Aren't you escaping to the campfire in the woods?" She look at me confused.

"campfire?" I asked.

"You don't know? It's a secret meeting, you know, boys and girls can't interact in here, so we have a campfire late at night once a month where we can talk and socialize." She explained. "All the boys and girls?" I asked.

"Not all, just some from the first who have more freedom." She said and that surprises me.

"Want to come?" she asked.

"I don"t know if I should..." She interrupt me. "Of course you should! It'll be fun."

She seems very excited but I think about it for second. I try to find some motivation to go, and I tell myself to try to try it one last time, to try to find something that'll ease my pain, to  distract my mind even if it's just a little.

"Okay, I will go." I said. Her smile grows big and she lifts her arm to point at the window. "We'll escape though the window."

But just as she lifts her are, I'm able to see some scars on her wrist. She follows my gaze, noticing.

"There's a lot, right?" She ask.

"I'm sorry, I didn't mean to-" She interrupt me. "Don't worry, you don't have to apologize. Everyone has their own dark past in here, right?" I nod slightly and she quickly speaks again.

"Well let's go." She said.

 Just as we are outside the building, I regret not bringing a jacket with me.

"Follow me." I follow behind her, and she seems to know her way around the building perfectly, avoiding all the vigilance. Once we are at a distance, she start running towards the forest.

"Run, don't stop." She shouted. We run until the darkness of the forest completely surround us, our heavy breathing the only sound that can be heard.

"We made it, you okay?" She ask. I nod, although I know she can't see me. The darkness is too dense, so much that it's scary. Maybe it isn't a very good idea to come here.

"It's very dark here." I speak as I hear her walking further away.

"Follow me." Swallowing my fear, I follow her.

After walking for a while, I finally see the light of the campfire with lots of young people sitting around it, chatting happily, and I let out a sigh in relief. As we get closer to them, a girl comes running towards Hani.

"Hani, you came!" She said. They hug each other and the girl looks at me.

"Who is she?" She asked Hani. "Oh she's Y/N, she's new around here." Hani answered. She gives me a small nod in acknowledgement turning back to Hani.

"Anyways, I need to catch up with you, let's go!" She starts pulling her away, and Hani turns her head to give me an apologetic look before leaving.