i push the shopping cart down the isle of the grocery store, sighing as i try to find out i need. grayson practically forced me to shop, because all the boys aren't man enough to do it themselves and they also ate all the food in the house.

i peek at the list on my phone, knowing i need to get only a few things, not a lot. i spot the flour and grab it, placing it in the cart.

"oh my god you're y/n right?!" i turn in the direction of the voice, seeing a middle age woman, her hair already turning grey.

"uh yes? how can i help you?" i ask, my tone coming off as confused. her eyes widen and she begins to speak again, her high pitched voce actually annoying me.

"you are the one that was kidnapped?! how does it feel? to know that he is in prison now? what did they do to you, when you where in there?" she starts drowning me with questions and i shake my head.

"please... leave me alone" i say kindly, not wanting to make her offended or mad. she rolls her eyes and walks away, mumbling something.

i finish shopping and go pay, getting weird and strange looks from a lot of people. word travels fast around here. everyone knows about it now.

i get in graysons car that he let me use. i know, he let me use his car. the best thing ever. i drive home, my mind flooding with what the lady was asking. what did they do to me?

i arrive at the house and grab all the bags, carrying them inside. "you guys can put this shit away!" i say forcefully, placing the bags in the kitchen before walking upstairs.

i walk into my room, sighing as i drag my hands over my face. my eyes land on the photo of ethan and i on my bedside table and i make my way over to it.

my fingers glaze over his face, the happy smiles we both had. it was from the beach that one time, when we went to the diner beforehand.

there's a knock at the door and i look over, stepping away from the photo. "come in!" i say loud enough for them to hear. the door opens and grayson steps in, closing the door behind him. i sigh as he leans against it, looking at me.

"what's wrong? what happened?" he asks, concern laced into his voice as his eyebrows knot together. "nothing. it's fine. i'm just tired" i lie, trying to make him drop it.

"tired of what huh?" he raises his eyebrow at me and i groan a little, sitting down on my bed.

"tired of people asking me about everything. i can't go anywhere without being questioned." i look at the floor, twiddling with my fingers.

"i'm sorry y/n.. i didn't know" he says as he makes his way to in front of me. "i just want ethan back but he isn't coming back" i look up at him.

"we all want him back. i know" he says and my lips tug into a frown. "he's coming back soon. don't worry" he reassures me and i look down.

"he's not coming back for ages grayson. i need to do something with my life" i glance over at the boy standing in front of me, the serious yet sad look on his face.

"he's going to come back soon y/n" he reassures me and i scoff, my tongue touching the inside of my left cheek.

"he's not! you know he's not" my voice raises a little as he stares at me. "he's coming back soon" he states.

"well i need to do something with my life! i feel stupid, sitting around here every single day, acting like any second he could come home when he can't" my voice softens, becoming weak.

"just trust me on this. he's coming back soon and you don't have to worry" he says before pulling me into a hug, i hug back tightly, not wanting to let go.

-

sorry this chapter is so short, it's kinda like a starter, it joins up with the sneak back. comment what you think is going to happen next.