short chapter

- 2 months later -

i wake up to the sound of yelling from downstairs. a sense of panic flooding over me. i limp out of the room and downstairs, finding dylan and ethan yelling at each other.

"what's going on?!" i raise my voice a little and they both turn to face me. "you're coming home" dylan says seriously and i look at him, our eyes connecting.

"no i'm not" i say sternly, "this is my home. i live here" he shakes his head. "no you don't! you're just his slave-" he goes to continue but i cut him off.

"get out" i glance over at the door. "y/n" he scoffs, shaking his head. "i said get out!" i snap. "when you finally realise he is manipulating you, don't fucking come crying to me" he says, his voice sounding heartbroken.

he gives me a look before walking out of every house, slamming the door shut. i feel my heart start to break, knowing i just lost my best friend. someone who i have been friends with for almost my whole life.

"y/n.." ethan starts as i look down, staring at the floor. he steps towards me, his arms going to wrap around me.

"don't. please" i move backwards. his arms moving to his side. "leave me alone" i turn around, wandering back towards the stairs.

i walk back upstairs and into my original room, closing and locking the door as i walk into the bathroom.

"y/n!" ethan calls out but i ignore him as i close the bathroom door. i grab my phone, calling my brother.

"y/n?" he answers confused, sounding tired. "hey cooper.." i lead on. "i need your help"

--

"oh yoooo" graysons voice flows through the house and i place my bags under the bed. i wander downstairs, seeing ethan, grayson and cooper in the kitchen.

"cooper" i give him a small smile, already knowing why he is here. i feel eyes on me and i look over to see ethan staring at me.

"i'm sorry" he mouths and i shake my head. "don't be" i mouth back, immediately feeling guilty about my plans.

cooper leaves after we watch a few movies. it starts getting super late and we all decide to go to bed. ethan and i walk into his room and lay down.

we don't say anything he falls asleep.

--

ethan's p.o.v

"ethan!!" grayson shakes me awake and i groan, i look over. y/n not being next to me. "is y/n already downstairs?" i question tiredly.

"no. she's not downstairs at all." he speaks and i get up, looking in the bathroom. nothing. we search the whole house.

"where is she?!" i ask stressed as grayson gives me a sympathetic smile. "she might have gone for a walk" he suggests and i grab my phone, calling her.

the sound of her ringtone fills the room, muffled and i look over at the bed. i walk towards it, grabbing onto her pillow. her phone in the same spot she puts it every night.

"this can't be happening" i mutter as i run my fingers through my hair. "she's probably just trying to clear her mind" he tries to reassure me.

"we need to go for a drive. grayson it's just like last time" i rush as he sighs.

we get into the car, driving around town while searching for her. nothing. i walk back upstairs and into her original room.

"her stuff is gone" i look over at grayson, feeling my heart drop into my stomach.