i tap my fake acrylic nails on the table, dylan sitting across from me as he just stares at me. trying to figure out what i'm thinking, what i'm feeling. just trying to find something. but he knows he's not going to find anything. my mind is blank, my face showing nothing at all.

"say something." he finally speaks up, my eyes sticking to the salt and pepper shakers on the table. the light, soft music playing in the diner sounding muffled and far away, yet it's coming from the speaker above the window.

"please y/n" his voice is soft, caring and slightly sensitive. my eyes slowly remove themselves from the shakers and look up at him, our eyes connecting quickly.

i try to think of something to say and he can see that as he waits for a word or sentence to leave my lips. nothing.

he lets out a sigh, leaning back into the cushion booth. "one lemonade and one cherry coke" a waiter walks up to us, placing our drinks on the table. i look up at him, my heart feeling like it stopped as i realise it's chase.

"y/n?!" he asks shocked and i shake my head. "please. please don't let them know i'm here" i plead, his eyebrow raising.

"he's my best friend. he's crushed without you" he tries to reason with me and i feel dylan staring at him.

"chase. i get that, but you can't do that to me." i see three figures walk into the diner. my heart drops into my stomach as the twins and a girl walk in.

"come on chase. don't do this" i practically beg and he sighs, slowly starting to nod. "enjoy your drinks" he mutters before walking towards them.

"melanie!!" he hugs the girl, her looks being similar to his. ethan's eyes search around the diner, landing on our booth.

"y/n" dylan snaps me out of it and i look over at me. "what are you staring at?" he asks, his voice sounding confused. i look back at the door,
my eyebrows furrowing when i notice that i imagined the twins.

"uh nothing. i zoned out" i lie and he nods slowly, not convinced. chase and the girl walk over, my head tilting to look at them.

"this is my sister, melanie" chase speaks and my eyes move to the girl standing next to him. she looks a little younger than all of us. that's chases sister.

My eyes open, my head pounding as I rub my face. I look around, seeing that I'm in a plain white room. The room has a king size bed, which I gotta admit is kinda comfortable. A walk in closet and a bathroom.

The light shining through the window hurts my eyes and I try to adjust to the light.

I look over to the end of the bed, seeing a pile of clothes and a note. I crawl over, my heart beating faster as nerves flows through my body.

'Here are some clothes, I know they are your size. You are the same size as Chase's little sister. Get changed and come downstairs.'

i feel a lump in my throat form as i stare at the clueless girl in front of me. her soft brown eyes, tanned skin. her bright white smile.

"hi i'm y/n. this is dylan" i push back the memories, introducing us to her. "nice to meet you!" she says sweetly.

"do you want to sit down?" i ask nicely, not wanting to sound rude and she nods. dylan shuffles over and she slides into the booth next to him as i look back over at chase.

"you're the same size as chases little sister" i mumble, his eyes darting to me. his mouth opens, going to say something.

"you.. i'm sorry" he whispers, his eyes softening. i shake my head as i look back over at melanie to see her place her phone into dylan's hands. a smile spread across both of their faces.

"i'll talk to you later okay? i have to continue working" chase says before rushing to go do something.

i watch as dylan types in his number, melanie watching as she bites her lip nervously.

"so melanie. how old are you?" i ask, breaking the silence and she looks over at me as dylan places her phone on the table.

"17" she speaks and i nod. "so you're still in school?" i question, dylan rolling his eyes as she nods.

"you go to that high school that has all those parties every friday right?" she asks. dylan and i both nodding in response.

"i'm going to one of the parties this weekend. with my brother and his friends. they just invited me while i was driving here" she has a wide excited smile on her face.

"that's great! they are so much fun." i give her a smile, my whole body just wanting to ask who she is going with.

"which friends are you going with?" dylan asks the question for me, wanting to know as well. i look over at him, a look on his face. like he knows the twins are up to something.

"ethan, grayson, froy, aaron and chase" she names them all one by one. "your brother cooper is coming too!! you guys should come! you can be my plus two" she says happily, actually wanting us to go.

"we'll go" dylan says in a matter of seconds. his face drops slightly when he realises what he just said and i let out a small sigh.

"oh yay! it will be so much fun. the 9 of us" she chuckles and i give her a small smile. "sounds good" i try to sound as excited as she is.

my phone dings and i reach for it. dylan.

i'm sorry, i didn't know what i was thinking. we can make up an excuse.

missing a party?? i don't think so. we're going

i switch my phone off, a small sigh leaving my lips.