"slow down y/n" dylan whisper yells, running after me as i forcefully pull him down the hallway.

"ethan and grayson are here. they saw me. i saw them." i push open the back doors of the school, heading towards the football field and bleachers.

"are you sure? it was definitely them?" he questions as i keep running. he tugs on my arm, stopping me. i turn around to face him, slightly out of breath, him as well.

"i wouldn't react this way if it wasn't them" i look into his eyes, my own practically pleading.

"okay we need to get out of here then" he runs his fingers through his hair, something he does when he is stressed.

"no you need to stay here. if we both just disappear then they will definitely know it's me" the sentences coming out of my mouth make no sense and he sighs.

"i'm going with you" his eyebrows furrowing as he speaks. "the diner" i look up at him and he nods.

"go back to yours and change first. wear something different" he says sternly and i sigh. we run to his car and get in, speeding out of the car park.

ethan's p.o.v

"where did they go?" graysons voice rings in my ear and i let out a loud frustrated sigh.

"she saw us. they ran" the words slip from my mouth as i feel eyes on me. "try coopers" grayson suggests and i slowly start to make my way out of the cafeteria.

we walk out of the school, hopping into my car. "why does she want to run so bad?" i ask out loud, grayson turning to look at me.

"i'm sure she has a reason. we just got to give her time" he starts the car, pulling out of the car park.

--

we arrive at coopers house, seeing his car in the driveway. i look over at grayson, seeing his eyes pinned on the car.

i step out of the car and onto the driveway, letting out a small sigh. i walk over to the front door, knocking a couple times before stepping back.

i glance to my right, seeing grayson now at my side. the door opens, being faced with cooper. he looks tired, bags under his eyes.

"oh hey" he speaks tiredly, "what's up?" he asks, leaning against the doorframe.

"y/n. she's here" i say quietly, feeling slightly stupid for still trying to find her. obviously she doesn't want to be found.

"wait what?" he asks confused as grayson crosses his arms. "we need your help" he speaks, ignoring his question.

"with?" cooper eyes switch between the both of us and i let out a small sigh. "getting y/n back. i just need to speak to her. make sure she's okay" i look at him. he thinks for a second before nodding.

"what's the plan?"

y/n's p.o.v

"so we go to the diner. then what?" dylan asks as i grab a white cropped hoodie out of my closet, "i don't know" i respond as i pull off my shirt, changing into the hoodie. i leave my jeans on and look back over at dylan.

"we can figure it out." i speak and he nods, a small sympathetic smile on his face. he grabs his phone and keys and we wander downstairs.

the front door opens and i freeze, dylan standing right behind me. cooper. he looks over at us, a slightly confused look on his face.

"what are you doing here? you should be at school" he questions as he closes the door behind him, walking further into the house.

"ethan and grayson came to the school. they saw me" i grab my phone, sliding it into the back pocket of my jeans.

"so where are you going now?" he walks towards me, crossing his arms.

"the diner" i look up at him as dylan stares at us. "so what? what are you going to do then?" he questions, his eyes pinned on me as he starts getting protective.

"cooper" i sigh, "we are going to figure it out okay? i'll text you when we know what we are going to do" i try to reassure him and he looks over at dylan.

"don't you dare let anything happen to her" he warns and i roll my eyes, looking down at the floor. "i won't man. you can trust me" dylan says honestly and cooper sighs, nodding.

without saying anything else, dylan and i walk out of the house to his car. we get in and he drives to the diner.