nineteen

NEW COVERS YAY

-

august 1

i watched shameless blankly as mj ran her fingers through my hair. ned was snoring softly to the left of us. i had cried for awhile but, now i just felt numb. as the previous events replayed in my head i feel asleep.

"do you like her back?"

"no." he said with no hesitance.

"i lo-," he stopped.

"peter, maybe you should go."

as hurt flashed over his face i got that same heavy feeling.

"y-yeah, okay." he got up and walked towards the door.

as he turned the doorknob he looked at me. i kept my gaze on the floor. when i heard it close i let out a breath.

-

i had been laying on my bed just staring at the ceiling for a few minutes when i heard a knock at the door. i got up with a sigh.

"peter, i think we need a break for-," i stopped as i opened the door and was met with mj and ned.

"today..?" i continued and they both hugged me.

"we hid in the lobby. we saw peter leave and headed up."

"ned makes it sound more creepy than it was." she laughed.

"thanks for coming back." i hugged them again.

-

i woke up to mj and ned on their phones.

"you guys stayed?"

they looked up at me and ned smiled.

"yeah, didn't want you to be alone." mj shrugged.

"i think i'm in love with peter."

ned's eyes widened and mj shrugged again.

"knew it."

"we've only been together since may.. it's july. so it's been two months? i know it's not a lot but we've known each other since march. i've liked him since then so is it an okay time?"

(a/n: yes the liz thing happened two months after the e-boy peter video)

"anytime is okay, y/n. whenever you're ready, you're ready." ned said as he put his hand on his shoulder.

"thanks, guys." i smiled and hugged them both.

then there was a knock at the door.

i pulled away and walked over to it. as i pulled it open i saw peter standing there, looking at the floor.

"peter," i whispered.

ned and mj looked at each other and got up.

"uh, hey peter! we have a thing to do. see you later." ned rushed out as him and mj gathered their things.

"deja vu." i whispered as the door closed again.

peter watched the door close then turned to me.

-

we were sitting on my bed again. it was completely silent. until:

"i love you."

word count- 429 words