forty eight

january 7

peter was running through the park, like he always did tuesday morning. dodge was running alongside him, occasionally stopping to sniff some tree. peter suddenly stopped as he leaned over to catch his breath. when he looked up, he noticed dodge was gone.

"dodge?" he called.

he stood up and looked around.

"dodge?"

peter knew he should've brought the leash, but peter also knew that dodge preferred running freely.

as peter continued on the path he heard soft laughing. he kept walking and found dodge sitting in front of a short girl with blonde hair that was tied back tightly.

"dodge, thank god, y/n would've killed me," peter sighed as he leaned to pet him.

"is he yours?" she smiled lightly.

"yeah, thank you for finding him! my girlfriend would've hated me forever," peter smiled at the thought of y/n.

"i'm laura!"

"peter," he shook her hand. "thanks again."

he stood up and turned to his back home.

"see you around!" peter looked back and waved.

"peter," laura smiled as his name rolled off her tongue. "i like that."

y/n's pov

i jumped at the sound of the door opening. i smiled and immediately ran downstairs to see peter with dodge. dodge started to drink from his water bowl as peter set down his keys.

"peter!" i instantly hugged him tightly. "i missed you."

"i missed you too," he said with a smile before kissing my lips softly.

"how was your run?"

"it was alright. i met this girl named laura, she caught dodge after he tried to run."

"oh, that's cool." i felt a soft pant of jealousy.

"i guess. anyways, let's watch a movie!"

283 words