thirty

play song (optional)

september 6

"we were friends! what did you expect? i go alone?"

peter followed me up the stairs.

"did she like you when you asked her?"

"what?"

"did she?"

peter looked down.

i noticed dodge trying to reach us but he was making process slowly. i picked him up and took him to our room. i closed the door and locked it behind us.

i set dodge next to me as i threw myself on to the bed.

after a few minutes there was a small knock at the door.

"y/n?" dodge instantly sat up and ran to the edge of the bed.

"i'm sorry i didn't tell you. can we talk?" i heard from the other side of the door making me sigh.

"what do we think dodge?" i turned to dodge and he wagged his tail excitedly.

"i knew you liked peter more." i sighed and kissed him quickly.

i then helped dodge off the bed and opened the door. he instantly ran out and started his way down stairs.

i then sat on the bed as peter walked in cautiously before closing the door behind him.

"peter, just, lay it out for me." i looked at him. "your whole history, go."

"i met liz in high school. she was the popular girl. every guy wanted her." he continued. "mj and ned were my only friends. they both knew about my crush on her."

i bit my lip and nodded.

"liz was the one planning homecoming. she didn't have a date since she was so busy. so i asked." he gulped. "she said yes, and we went together. but nothing happened. after that we never became more. we never talked about our feelings."

peter sighed.

"i got over my feelings but, i guess she didn't."

"so that's it?"

"yes. that's everything."

i sighed.

"peter. i'm sorry. i just." i paused. "i just don't want to lose you."

peters face softened.

"you won't." he assured me, taking my hands in his.

"promise?"

"yes, i promise." he then pressed his lips to mine.

he laid me down on my back on the bed. i put my arms around his neck as he deepened the kiss.

he then put his hand on my waist and pressed me closer to him.

as peter went to take off his shirt there was a small scratching at the door.

we pulled away.

"dodge." we said in unison.

word count- 407 words