twenty seven

me knowing there's only going to be fourty chapters and i'm going to miss everyone when it's over: 🥺😔

also

...

...

...

ITS MY BIRTHDAY!!! i had the worst day but enjoy (:

-

august 18

peter and i walked into my apartment and set our keys down on the counter as dodge ran in and jumped around excitedly.

turns out we absolutely loved the name, so we kept it. dodge was a nine week old golden retriever. he was fluffy and small. we had gotten food, bowls, treats, toys, and a bed.

we were both extremely nervous he wouldn't be able to adjust to the apartment but obviously that wouldn't be a problem.

"he already ate right?" peter asked.

i nodded.

"we should let him get to know the apartment. there's nothing dangerous right?"

"no, there's not. he'll be okay."

peter and i then went to my room after leaving our shoes at the door. behind us we heard the smallest footsteps making us turn around.

there was dodge. when we looked at him he sat down and tilted his head.

"you can come." peter said to the small dog making him jump up happily.

when we got to the room dodge attempted to jump onto the bed. but obviously, he couldn't.

i laughed and picked him up. he walked around the bed before settling himself between peter and i. he yawned and rested his head on peters arm.

"he's adorable." i sighed happily.

"i know." peter grinned.

i then grabbed the controller and put on shameless.

"this is what you missed last week on shameless." fiona said, obviously annoyed.

"so, i was thinking." peter said as i put my head on his chest, careful to not squish dodge.

"yeah, pete?"

"since we, kind of, have a kid now."

i laughed but nodded so he would continue.

"maybe we should.. move in? together?"

i sat up quickly, waking up dodge.

"are you serious?"

peter nodded as dodge stretched gently.

"i mean, we're always together already. i just want to make it, official. i think it's time for the next step."

dodge got up and laid down in peters lap.

"if you want to."

i smiled.

"peter, i love you. i'm in love with you. you mean the whole world to me." i sighed. "of course i want to move in with you."

"really?"

"yes, peter. really."

this time peter smiled and pulled me into a kiss. i went to move onto him when he pulled away quickly.

"dodge."

"oh, right." i leaned down to dodge. "sorry!"

i then kissed the top of his head gently making him wake up again.

"okay, now really sorry."

-

word count- 442 words