twenty eight

august 18/september 1

peter and i spent the next couple of weeks packing up everything. we were going to do an announcement video so no one, other than ned and mj, knew we had dodge and were moving into a house together.

dodge made moving a bit harder than it should've been. he would knock over boxes, with a few things in them, over and would send everything flying. at first it was cute but now it was a bit irritating.

mj and ned absolutely adored dodge.

they were helping us to pack up which sped things along. we spent the first week packing up peters place and then the next packing up mine.

i had already gave notice to the apartment landlord that i was moving. he was very nice about it and expected the key whenever i was ready to leave.

i was taping up the last box with my books. mj and ned were laying down with dodge running around them next to me.

i sighed as i stared around at my empty apartment. it was the first apartment i owned myself. when i moved to new york city, this was where i was. it had been my home for years.

"you okay, bub?" peter asked as he sat down next to me on the floor.

i nodded as he put his arm around me and kissed me gently.

dodge suddenly abandoned mj and ned and ran to us and started to try to squeeze in between us.

after we brought him home we discovered that dodge got jealous very quickly.

we pulled away with a smile and turned to the small dog between us.

i laughed and picked him up.

"we still love you." i gave his nose a quick kiss.

"now come back." mj said.

-

september 2

the movers were moving everything today. which means it's my last day with this apartment. they spent the first half of the day moving all of peters things to the house. but now they were moving all of mine.

as the nice man rolled out the couch with his friend i sighed. now it was empty.

i walked out and looked back at it once more as i turned off the light. i closed the door and locked it. i then went down to the first floor and left the key to my landlord.

"i'm so glad you're moving on. i was afraid you never would." he smiled.

tears filled my eyes as i pulled him into a hug.

"thank you."

-

as i pulled into the driveway of the new house i smiled softly. i knew that in that house, were my two favorite boys.

i stepped out of the car and locked it, before continuing up the steps and to the door. i knew it was unlocked so i just walked in.

instantly i was met with dodge running at me.

he jumped on his hind legs trying to reach me.

i let out a laugh and picked him up.

"where's peter?" i asked the small dog.

he just licked my hand in response.

"should we check up stairs?"

i went upstairs and saw peter unpacking things in a room. i sat down next to him. and let dodge run around.

"hi, i missed you." i put my head on his shoulder.

"i missed you too." he kissed the top of my head. "is everything here?"

i thought about it for a second then nodded.

-

(a/n: this is going to be the description of the house)

the house was beautiful. both inside and outside. it was very secluded.

it was a white/grayish house with a lot of windows. when you went inside you were met with the living room to one side and the kitchen/dining room on the other side. both were huge and had these gorgeous windows. the stairs were directly across from the front door. if you went to the hallway next to the stairs there was five doors.

one was the laundry room, across from that was a closet, with the door to the basement, next to that was the bathroom, across from that was the room with the boiler. on a completely different wall was the back door. if you went through it you would find a pool that was, at first, three-six feet deep but went all the to seven feet. it had a ladder but stairs as well.

there was a forest in the backyard. which was something that really attracted us to the house. the couple that sold us the house told us that there was always deer, bunnies, and foxes but nothing big and scary.

if you went up the stairs to the second floor you would find five doors. if you went up and continued going straight you would find the balcony. it looked over the forest and pool. to the right of the stairs, closest to the balcony, was another bathroom. across from that was the guest room. next to that was another guest room and across from that was our room.

we also had an attic that could potentially be used as a room some day. our room also had a bathroom attached and a walk in closet.

word count- 864 words