twenty three

august 8/10

a week had gone by since peter had run out to go help liz. turns out the elevator at her apartment wasn't working so she had to take the stairs and slipped and fell so her leg broke. peter had been taking care of her. also why would she call peter, MY boyfriend, instead of 911?

i then got a text from mj.

 then my phone rang and as i let the call go to voicemail i got a notification

i frowned.

"it's just for clickbait," i whispered to myself.

it's whatever.

-

two days later (peter day!)

"okay, peter should be here soon!" ned announced as he put his phone in his pocket.

mj, ned, and i had shown up two hours early to set everything up. we had put up streamers and had blown up balloons, that were hung up all over the apartment. we had a cake obviously since mj has some weird obsession with it. it totally surprised me but was cool. and of course we just had a bunch of snacks. mj handled the guest list and i was actually surprised that she had gotten a ton of people peter and i both know without asking for a list.

when i asked her how she did it she simply shrugged.

"okay, he's here!"

some people hid behind some type of thing, others just crouched in corners. the light from under the door was then blocked out by peter's feet. the door was unlocked as some talking was heard on the other side. the knob didn't turn.

the conversation was more audible now.

"liz, stop."

"peter."

"no, seriously, i don't like you that way."

some shuffling was seen under the door.

"it's your birthday and where's your girlfriend? not here."

"liz-."

"i'm serious, peter, let's celebrate."

"no."

i stood up from where i was and walked towards the door.

"but, peter." she whined as i touched the knob.

"seriously, st-," i then opened the door to see liz's lips on peter's.

his eyes were wide and he was holding her wrists from touching him. at the sound of the door opening liz pulled away.

"SURPrise..?" everyone yelled out making peter look at them.

i looked at liz.

"you know what? i'm going to say it." everyone was staring at us intently.

i stepped closer to her as she tried to back up but couldn't due to her leg.

"i don't care that you broke your leg."

word count- 413 words