Number 10

Contains a bit of smut.

The car slowly came to a stop outside the local gym, or Diego's second home. Posters and advertisements against the windows. It looked somewhat fancy.

"Are there fights here? Or just a training ground?" I asked him unbuckling my seat belt.

"Both" he commented getting out the car first, shutting the door behind him. I followed suite, feeling the cold night air hit my body. Who would have thought, Diego lived close to me, and we didn't even know? He didn't realise that I stayed in our apartment.

Hearing the car doors lock, I headed to the gym doors, seeing a poster, seeing a picture of Diego with boxing gloves on, titled 'The Kraken'. Lexi raised her eyebrow at him. "You have a fight tomorrow" I pointed out to him.

"Yeah, sometime in the evening, big bets" he added.

"Why big bets?" I asked him.

"Doesn't my name give it away?" he asked me. I looked back at the poster seeing the title again. Big bets for a former member of the Umbrella Academy, of course. "Let's go around the back" he said motioning his head towards the alley way.

Following him behind, he entered the darkness, while I stopped, just seeing darkness, memories flashing in my mind of what happened. Was it yesterday, or the day before? I was losing track at this time. As Diego continued to walk on in the darkness, I couldn't move, until I felt boots walking towards me again, echoing the alley way.

Sudden panic rose in my body, my mind focusing on defending myself. I could feel my hands turning red, from a small vibration from my powers. Before seeing Diego's, face appear from the darkness, frowning at me, his eyebrows furrowing together in confusion. Until he realised what was wrong.

"Shit...Lexi, I'm sorry" he said "It's just us" he told me, holding out his hand. "Trust me"

Trust. One word, with a huge meaning. And it meant a lot to me. If it wasn't obvious, I had trust issues, and you break my trust, it will take a long while to gain that back. I wasn't a very forgiving person, but I could forget and move on, if I wanted to.

Taking a deep breath and calming my powers down, I took Diego's hand, feeling myself walking into the darkness, before seeing a faint light of a back door. Diego pulled out a bunch of keys and slid one into the key hole, the sound of a lock clicking, opened the door. Pulling the door open, Diego allowed me to enter first.

As I did, I looked around seeing nothing but darkness again, before the light flickered on. Turning around I saw Diego flick the switch, a small smile on his face.

I always loved that small smile. I looked down the hallway, black and white flooring, and white walls and ceiling, doors on either side of the hallway, which lead out to the boxing ring I assumed. The door behind us closed and locked.

"This way" Diego motioned going towards a door and opening it, revealing his little comfy somewhat of a bedroom.

"Looks...comfy" I smiled softly entering. "At least it doesn't smell like wet socks" I added going down the small set of stairs. Spotting the single bed.

"You can sit on it, no one but me has slept in it" He must have caught my eye motion. Nodding I sat on the bed. Not the comfiest. "Just give me a few minutes and I will get things packed" he told me.

"Diego, you don't have to stay with me, I am a big girl, plus I will have mom and the monkey with me" I added.

"Mum can only do so much, and the monkey can also do so much, so I am staying, I'll stay in my own bed, don't worry" he added grabbing a duffel bag from under the bed and started shoving essentials in it.

Silence echoed the room, before I spoke up. "I didn't realise how close you lived to me...after...we you know" I told him.

"I know...the amount of times I wanted to walk over to the apartment building and knock on the door, something was stopping me from doing it" he admitted. "I think it was guilt" he told me.

Looking down at the ground I sighed to him. "I never like making people feel guilty, but you have to understand on why I did it"

"I do. I really do...I broke your heart. I chose our fucked-up childhood, over you, my future, and it's the biggest mistake of my life" He sighed sadly.

"Not even getting fired from the police academy?" I asked him.

"People can get many different jobs, but there's only going to be that one person you will ever find, to spend the rest of your life with, and I destroyed that opportunity"

"Diego...you didn't destroy it" I told him, more quickly that I expected for it to fall out of my mouth.

Did I just give him hope? Or did I give myself hope for it? I felt the bed dip, as Diego sat beside me. Releasing a big sigh, he took my hand and kissed it softly. "I wish...I wish I could go back and fix everything I destroyed...sometimes I think to myself, what would we be doing right now, together. And I knew exactly what"

"What then?" I asked him.

"We would have been married, having our first or even second kid" he smiled. "They would be badass', just like their parents" his smile then faltered. "Then I would have nightmares, that both of us die, not married to each other, and no kids" he sighed.

"Diego, don't think like that please" I begged him softly. "It's in the past, I just want to move on" I told him. Cupping his face with my hands, I looked at him. "It's time to move on" I whispered.

My blue eyes attaching to his brown orbs. I felt a sudden pull towards him, but Diego must have read my mind. His lips launching for mine, placing his against my plump ones. I couldn't stop myself, because I didn't want to.

Diego and I had a long history, and let's face it, we still were both madly in love with each other...well I hoped...because I still loved him.

Our lips moved in sync, before I felt my body being shifted by both of us, onto his lap. My arms wrapping around his neck, pulling him close, my clothed chest pressing up against him, a small moan radiating from Diego's mouth. I couldn't help but smile. I just couldn't stop myself.

Attaching my hands to my cardigan, I removed it from my body, throwing it onto the floor. Diego's hand followed suite, removing my top, throwing it onto his bedroom floor, exposing my red wine-coloured bra, and tattooed body.

Diego pulled away from my lips, leaning back admiring my body. "I missed this body" he smiled, running his hands down my sides, biting his bottom lip. He leaned forward and pressed his lips against my neck, kissing softly.

Down my neck, along my collarbone, down my chest, his hands trailing down my back, gripping onto the clasp of my bra, before feeling my bra come loose and away from my body. I suddenly felt my body being flipped onto the bed, my back against the mattress. Diego towered over me, continuing his kissing, his lips trailing around my nipples, before he softly kissed them both, then focused on continuing down my body, stopping at my jeggings.

Jeggings were the best thing ever invented.

Gripping onto the material, he pulled them down and threw them across the room, then slowly slid down my knickers. I don't wear matching knickers. Who has time for that? As my knickers fell to the floor, Diego leaned down and slowly kissed my thighs, before kissing closer and closer and- "Diego!"