Number 38

(Not entirely happy with this chapter, as I've stated before, it was a rough idea, and wasn't sure how to end it. Sorry if it sucks!)

The Professor looked at me with a new emotion on his face.

Fear.

I couldn't help but smirk, the power running through my body, vibrating gently, my hands glowing a bright red from my psionics, my eyes glowing a terrifying bright red. "The old man may be right, sometimes I may be nothing without my powers, but with my powers...I can be fucking terrifying" I gritted my teeth, anger coursing through my body. This was all the anger pent up from all those years, finally wanting to release.

"Lexi...calm down, let's talk about this" The Professor looked at me his eyes widened, panicked, fearful for his life.

I wasn't a murderer, but when it comes to protecting myself, and my family, and the people who he has kidnapped and testing on and even killed, sometimes, you have to put ethics aside, and this was one of them. Just like Daniel.

My eyes glanced at the concrete wall above him, focusing on enough space, but continuing to look at the fearful man in front of me.

"Look, we can talk about this, no more tests, everything you see here, it will be no more" he begged me.

"I'm tired of being told I am nothing, I am tired of being electrocuted, kidnapped, being belittled, I'm tired of being treated like I am nothing but a weak woman, but I am much more than that. With or without my powers. I can still beat your arse, and I will continue to beat people who hurt me or the people I love" I told him, allowing my anger to build, a crack forming above the man. "Give me a reason as to why I shouldn't kill you for what you have done" I told him.

"I can make you the best you can be, powerful, talented, one in a million" he said stepping forward slightly. I put my hand out quickly to tell him to stay put. "How does that sound?" he asked me again. I looked at him thinking of his words, before laughing.

"You're just like the old man, thinking he can tame us, mould us, but the thing is Professor. I am already one in a million, or one in 43" I smirked, before raising my glowing hands up, along with my hands, using all my strength in my powers, I pulled my hands down, like I was pulling invisible ropes down, to pull the concrete ceiling down. Where the professor stood, the concrete above him cracked, before being torn from its mould, collapsing onto him, like skin being torn from skin. The Professor looked at me, terrified, too frozen to move, before the concrete engulfed him and dust surrounded me.

The dust found its way into my mouth, making me cough. "Argh" I groaned.

"Lexi!" I heard a voice, an outside voice shouting my name. But, seeing the dust finally starting to settle, I pulled a bit more concrete down than I wanted. Better be safe than sorry.

"Lexi!" I jumped at the touch of something on my hand. Turning I saw Five beside me.

"Five?" I asked, blinking, the dust now in my eyes.

"Are you okay?" he asked me, before looking at the mess I made. "Remind me to never piss you off, and I thought I was an assassin"

"I'm protecting my family, my future, and other's" I told him, before seeing the rest of the misfits joining me.

Diego engulfed me into hug, pulling me close.

"Err...Diego, can't breathe" I groaned, the dust not helping either. Pulling me away, he placed both of his hands on my cheeks.

"Are you okay Angel?" he asked me, concern and worry in his eyes.

"Now I am" I told him, before hearing a large crack.