Number 17

There's usually a slim chance of you ever getting shot in your life time, usually during a break in, a gang, kidnap or something silly like this, a protest.

Everything was blurry, my ears were ringing. I felt faint, but I needed to stay awake.

"Okay, okay, did the bullet come out?" Allison asked "I'm going to have to lean you forward to let you have a look" Allison told me. I nodded in response, slowly leaning forward, groaning in pain.

"Argh" The pain was shooting through my body, like an electric shock.

"Bullet is still in you...we have to get it out" Allison told me. "Maybe there is something in one of the medical rooms?"

"No, we won't move it" she told her.

"Why not?" she asked confused.

"Because it might have hit a vital organ, I could make it worse, remember about a knife? Don't pull it out, makes it worse" I told her.

"We still need to stop the bleeding" she added. "What if there are medical supplies in one of the rooms?" she suggested.

"Yeah, let's try it" she told her, slowly standing up from the chair. I looked at the rest of the protesters seeing them looking panicked, shocked, frozen in their spot. They had no idea what to do.

Go outside and face being either shot or handcuffed, or do they get away with it because they didn't actually shoot me.

Helping me up and walking into the back rooms, Allison opened a door slowly and saw the coast was clear. Allowing me to wobble over to the bed, Allison closed the door behind us, locking it, and quickly looking through the cupboards to try and find anything.

Laying myself down, I sighed in relief and looked at the bright lights attached to the ceiling shining brightly down on my wounded body.

"Found some!" Allison pulled out some items. "Okay, alcohol to clean the wound, some tape and a large plaster" she said.

"Good, that will do for now. I can get stitched up at the hospital" I informed her.

Allison came around to my side and lifted up my blooded shirt up, seeing my skin covered in blood. She grabbed a wooden tongue spatula. "Okay...this is going to probably sting" Allison warned me, placing the wooden item in my mouth, my teeth gripping down on the soft wood, preparing myself for the discomfort. Gently pouring the alcohol on my wound, I cried out in pain, my screams being muffled by the spatula in my mouth. My hands turning into fists, vibrating as they glowed red.

My powers were sometimes connected with my emotions. So, people were always reminded not to piss me off.

As the pain radiated through my body, the lights flickered in the room, Allison trying to focus on fixing my wound. The pressure from her cleaning the wound made the discomfort even more horrible.

"I can't remember the last time I saw that" Allison spoke.

"What?" I asked her.

"You're eyes glowing red" She told me.

"Usually opens happens when I'm using an intense amount of power" I informed her "Or maybe when I am like this, intense pain" I told her, breathing heavily from the pain.

"Aside from today, when was the last day they glowed red?" she asked me.

"Well, from what I remember...when I told Diego to leave when we broke up, when my ex-boyfriend freaked out over my powers, when I saw Diego with his new girlfriend, and then when I was attacked" I told her sighing, removing the spatula from my teeth, allowing my grip to relax.