Number 27

After all the drama, I'm giving you this calm chill chapter!

A few days had passed since the incident. The gang were trying to get back to a normal routine before they would depart again.

I had no idea what that would mean for Diego and I. Yes, we lived in the same city, but would everything fall back into place? Us being together, working on our relationship? Would everything go back to normal, or would things be too weird after everything that happened?

I sat in the main sitting room, where the bar sat and the chair were the old man would sit, while us teens went off to fight the bad guys, scrolling through a real state website. Something in the back of my mind I had always thought about. Moving. I just didn't know if it was out of the city and to another, or maybe the country. But then I would have to request a green card, and it was just too much hassle.

"What you looking at?" Diego spoke lowly behind me, making me jump in response, dropping the tablet on the floor. Diego picked it up and looked at the screen frowning. "You planning to move and not tell me?" He asked, furrowing his eyebrows together.

"I don't know what I'm doing Diego" I admitted to him "It's just something I've always had in the back of my mind after we broke up, both the first and second time"

"Were you planning to move without me?" he asked me, placing the tablet down.

"I'm confused" I admitted "I don't know where we stand, Diego. Are we together or just having fun? After what happened, my head has been messed up. One minute we broke up, then we were having sex in the bathroom, then fighting the bad guys...I'm just...confused and exhausted" I sighed sitting down on the sofa and rubbing my head in confusion.

Diego sat beside me and sighed. "Well...I thought we were together" he admitted looking at the floor. "I mean I want to be with you, it's all I have ever wanted"

"I want to be with you, but I need to know that we have a future together" I told him "That we have plans, because...I don't know how long I can wait for an actual future"

"Define what you want for your future" Diego asked me.

"Well, marriage, kids, a place of our own" I told him "It feels like my life is taking forever to get on the track I've dreamed of. I mean I have my dream job, but I want to share my dreams with someone...with you" I told him relaxing back on the sofa.

"Lexi...you know I would and will give you everything you want, everything we want. After we broke up the first and second time, I knew back in the mind, I wouldn't be able to make our dreams come true. I've always wanted a future with you Lexi, no one else, it didn't feel right" Diego admitted. He then had his thinking face on, then grabbed the tablet from the coffee table and looked at the website. "Why don't we start here?" Diego suggested.

"What do you mean? What move?" I asked him.

"Yeah, find an actual house together, that would be the start of our future" he told me smiling. Before looking at the website. "Okay, let's set a destin- "Diego stopped talking because he saw the location I had set while I was looking for a place. "Vancouver?" he asked out loud "That's on the other side of the country" he said.

"Too much has happened in this city, too many bad memories, I just...wanted a real fresh start. Away from the academy, all the heart break I've faced, we've face" I added "I...I guess I just want to get out of this city" I admitted.

"What about work?" He asked me. After the incident a few days ago, I went back to work, to get back into it, I had missed too much and provided me with a distraction.

"I had a word with my boss, that she would provide a referral for sure, she said she would miss me. She told me there is a sister company of the company I work for in Vancouver, and other major cities in Canada" I added. "So, I guess, my work is sorted. It's just other things" I added.

"Other things?" Diego asked me confused.

"Well, I need to find a place, the whole moving process, and you, of course"

"Me?"

"Yes, Diego...I didn't know if you would come with me or stay here"

"You know I would follow you anywhere and everywhere, because we have a future together, you're my future" He admitted, kissing the side of my head.

"I know, but I didn't know what you would do career wise...because no offense, I can't hold a mortgage by myself, even with my job, it would be tight" I added. "So, I wondered what you would do as a career"

"I would figure it out...what would you see me doing?" He asked me.

"Well, you can't fight in the boxing ring all the time, because those fights don't happen 5 days a week...I guess I see you as a bouncer, like at a club or bar. And I'm sure they would be happy enough to order a Hargreeves who knows how to throw and bend blades" I told him.

Diego chuckled brightly at me, wrapping his arm around my shoulder, pulling me close to him. "I could see myself doing that" he said "Instead of saying your banned, I just launch a blade into their arse cheeks as a warning" he chuckled.

Before silence fell among us.

"I never thought this is how my day would have gone" I admitted. "I was only looking for places, now the whole conversation is being turned around to us actually moving to Vancouver, and you getting a job as a bouncer" I smiled at the thought. For some reason, it felt normal to me.

"Me either, I was just going to tell you I had a fight tonight, so I wanted you to come to see me in action, and now we are talking about moving to the other side of the country" He chuckled.

"Wait, your moving?" The sudden voice of Vanya caused us to shoot up from our relaxed state, looking at Vanya.

"It's rude to eavesdrop" Diego grumbled. I think he still carried a grudge over Vanya due to the book she wrote.

"I'm sorry, just wanted to sit in here and read a book" she said holding up a book that did not interest me at all.

"It's a free country" I added "Vanya...don't tell anyone...though I don't know why they would care" Allison moved...somewhere never really paid attention, after all she used her powers for her own will.

"I won't say anything, not my business" she added speaking gently.

"Good" I told her, before standing up and grabbing the tablet "We have to make a phone call" I said looking at Diego who nodded and followed me out of the sitting room and upstairs to our bedroom. Which just consisted of Diego moving his bed into my room.

"Think she will say anything?" Diego asked lounging on the two single beds.

"So, what if she does?" Lexi asked him "Soon enough we shall all depart, Allison will go back to the life she created using her lies, Luther will grow old with Pogo here, Five will...I don't know what that maniac will do, Klaus will continue being the drug and alcoholic user he is...did I miss anyone. Oh Vanya, will live her normal life" I said.

"So, why are we all still here?" Diego asked me. Looking at him I sighed sitting by his legs. "Well, Allison doesn't exactly go back to a happy marriage and a child she is allowed to see. Luther has no where to go. I don't feel safe going back to my apartment, hence why I sold it and staying here for free until I figure, we figure out where we are going, see my point. We don't exactly have anything great to return to" I added.

Diego nodded before sitting up "Let's make that phone call" he grinned. I grabbed my phone from my pocket, dialled the number before letting it ring.