Number 46

I stood staring at Grace. She held the answers I needed, I wanted to know about my birth mother. Biting my lip, I looked at Grace. "Where did you get that?" I asked her.

"Reginald had a filing system, he liked to keep records, write information down" Grace explained. "How about we go to his office, and look through it?" Grace suggested, smiling softly at me.

"Do you know what is inside?" I asked her again.

"No, I...I guess Reginald wanted to keep this to himself, I believe Pogo knows certain things, but I was the nanny, the mother figure, I wasn't to worry about things like this" Grace explained. "Come on, honey, let's go through the file, and then you can decide what you wish to do afterwards"

I suddenly felt nervous, reluctant to actually find out about my past, but I needed to do this. Before Diego and I got married, and before we had kids. "Okay" I mumbled walking back into the building.

I hadn't been inside the office, since...well, I couldn't even remember. Looking around I let out a sigh. "And yet, everything is still untouched and dust free" I spoke out, before walking over to the desk. Seeing a small globe sitting on the desk. Tilting my head looking at it, I pushed it off the desk, watching it fall onto the ground, smashing. "Whoops"

"Lexi, dear" Grace scolded me.

"I'm embracing myself" I simply told her, before sitting on the big office chair. "Hmm, cold, I guess that fits" Looking at the desk, it was still filled with his junk. As my hand glowed red, feeling the power run through my, I flicked my wrist, causing everything on the desk to fall off.

"Honey, I know you have certain feelings about your father- "

"Grace, he wasn't my father, he was never a father" I told her "And people need to get that into his head, he wasn't a good man" I simply told her "And you knew that, Grace. Sometimes, I could see it on your face, inside, deep down in those wires, you hated him as well...but he is gone now, and he can rot for all I care. And don't you dare clean the mess up. It can stay like that...but I am not finished"

"Don't let you anger get the best of you" Grace told me gently. Yeah, my emotions and I, never got on. I was a ticking time bomb. Taking a deep breath, I looked at her Grace.

"Anger will always get the best of me, because sometimes, it can save a life" I pointed out, from several occasions. "Anyway, this isn't about my emotions, or the old man, this is about my birth mother".

Grace gently handed the file over, I placed it on the desk, looking at the little word at the top of the file, I couldn't help but scoff. "Number Zero, of course" I mumbled. Opening the file, there was so much writing. And a page of photos. "What are the photos?" I asked frowning at Grace. Grace joined me at my side, looking at the photos.

"They look like they are photos of every year, since you were born" Grace said. And they were. Looking closely, I noticed a date on each photo.

"So, these are photos of me, every year on the day I was born" I sighed. "Until, the last year when I left" Looking at myself, I noticed something in all the photos. "Damn, I look..."

"Angry" Grace chuckled. All of my photos, well most of them, they all looked angry. I pointed to the first photo of where I was showing anger in my face.

"This face was because he made us get tattoos" I told her "Being pinned down and forced to have a tattoo at a young age...it's not right, so, my anger got the best of me then"

"I see your point...it wasn't a pleasant day...I wish I could have done something" Grace whispered.

"You had no control over him, Grace. No one did" I sighed "Anyway..." Discarding the photos to the side, I looked at the information in front of me. "Okay, Number Zero...and he still didn't put my name down, even after you gave us names"