Number 48

Today was the day. Diego and I were leaving. For Italy of course, to find my mother. Of course, I had no plan at all. Literally nothing. I was just going to go with the flow.

A week had passed since the incident with the break in. Of course, they were just a bunch of amateurs who wanted the riches of the Reginald Hargreeves, knowing there was a high chance that the children of the Umbrella Academy were currently residing in the academy. Thinking guns would take us out. Had no one learned.

Like the time at the bank. When we were only teenagers, we took out those gun holding robbers, along with many more other times. Shaking my head of the memory, I focused on packing my bag, adding anything I needed for three days.

"How are you feeling about it?" Diego spoke out, standing at the bedroom door.

"Nervous" I admitted to him "I mean...I don't even know what I'm supposed to do when I find the house. Do I knock on the door? Say 'Hi, I'm that kid that you gave up for money when you fell pregnant and gave birth in like 5 minutes'" I sighed sitting on the edge of the bed. "Jesus, what am I doing?"

Diego left the door and walked to the bed sitting beside me. "You are finding closure...I know you know I don't completely agree with the idea, but I don't want you regretting not doing this...even if it doesn't go to plan, at least you have seen her, that's closure, you don't have to speak to her. Just see her, though we don't exactly know what she looks like, I guess we look for a woman who looks as beautiful as you" He grinned.

Turning to look at him, I pushed him away playfully, laughing. "Shut up, you, come on, we need to pack" I said before hearing the house phone ring. Which is rarely did.

The ringing stopped, meaning someone picked up.

Turning to my suitcase, I stood up and placed the 'lid' down and zipped it up. "Okay, I have clothes, essentials, books, laptop, all that...I think" I said, looking at the list and reopening my suitcase and taking everything out. Was I the only one who did this? Rethinking yourself and everything? Having to recount several times, and then you pack everything, like a book, and then close your suitcase and think 'Did I pack my book?'. I hated it.

"Baby, you have everything" Diego assured me, wrapping his arms around my waist. "You need a distraction" he smirked "I can distract you for..." Diego trailed off, probably looking at my bed side table clock. "15 minutes"

"Oh 15 minutes? Record" I joked, earning a playful jab from him, a laugh escaping my mouth.

"Excuse me, Miss Lexi, Diego. A phone call from...Zillow?" Pogo stood there.

"Zillow?" Diego asked. Frowning, I then widened my eyes, escaping Diego's clutches and running downstairs, hearing Reginald shout 'No running!' Shaking my head, I reached the home phone.

"Hello?" I asked

"Hello, this is Daniel from Zillow, regarding the house in Vancouver, you requested a viewing" he spoke. Shit. The dreamhouse.

"Hello, hi, yes, that was me" I spoke, nervously.

"We would like to arrange a viewing for you. We are doing a viewing in a few days' time" Shit. Again.

"Ah, slight problem" I sighed "I'm going to Italy for a few days, kind of hunting down my birth mother"

"Oh right. Okay, I think I can sort that out, fit you in sometime" Daniel spoke. I could sense he was off about it, having to reschedule everything. Usually estate agents just wanted to sell a house as fast as they could, and not hang out for people like me.

"Look...how about after Italy, so...Thursday, we are flying from Italy back home, how about we fly from Italy straight to you?"

"Would that be okay with you?" he asked.