Number 18

Diego's main concern was getting me to the hospital quickly. Not caring on the amount of red lights he was speeding through, or the honks from car horns from other drivers, just caring that he was getting me to the hospital quick enough.

The pain was getting worse every minute, worse than really bad period pains, obviously. The pain was electrifying, I couldn't explain it, but damn it hurt. Allison sat in the back with Five.

"Hang on a minute...why can't Five teleport her to the hospital?" Luther asked out loud.

"Because I have limits, Luther. Everyone has limits when it comes to their powers, and me, I seem to be using them a lot...because of certain reasons, and I feel incredibly exhausted. You should be thanking me...I knocked that crazy bitch out" Five added, looking out the window.

"Ahh!" I screamed out in pain, the car lights and radio reacting with my out of control powers.

"As much as I hate seeing you in pain, baby, can you maybe tell your powers to not cut out the powers on the car...which is taking you to the hospital?" Diego asked, looking in the rear-view mirror, seeing my sweating body and blood consuming my top.

I opened my eyes, glaring daggers at Diego "I am so sorry for getting shot!" I growled at him.

"Why can't she just take out the bullet?" Luther asked us all.

"Because I don't know what organs it has hit, pulling it out could make it worse" Allison pointed out, pressing harder on the wound, causing a groan to escape my mouth.

I felt cold, like really cold, and tired. I felt my eyes become heavy, too heavy to keep them open.

"Lexi?" Allison asked, placing a hand on my forehead. "Shit...she's losing too much blood, and she is cold...Diego, speed it up!" Allison shouted at them. "Her pulse is weak as well" She pointed out, pressing two fingers against my cold unconscious skin.

The car suddenly bolted forward, speeding up, way over the speed limit.

"Are we not going to get arrested for this?" Luther pointed out.

"Maybe the police will allow this to pass, especially with a shot victim in the car...or maybe our dear sister can create a little rumour" Five pointed out. "One thing, where's Vanya and Klaus? Shouldn't they be here?" he asked.

"One, Vanya is...doing her own thing, you know what she is like. Second, we assumed Klaus was with you...so he's probably doing...his thing" Allison added, seeing the hospital come into view.

Diego swerved around the corner and suddenly stopped the car, and got out. Everyone followed suit, before Diego tried to pick up me soon to be lifeless body.

"Diego, let me carry her, you are too emotional" Luther told him. "Just let me carry her" He advised him.

Diego looked at him broken, his eyes glassy, before nodding, stepping out of the way. "Just be careful with her, please" he added.

Luther, with his strength managed to get me out of the car and quickly rush inside.

"We need help!" Diego shouted out, getting the attention of doctors and nurses. A group of medics rushed over with a bed.

"What happened?" The female doctor asked.

"She was shot, by some protester...you will probably see it on tv" he explained "She's lost a lot of blood and her pulse is weak" Diego added.

"Is the bullet still in her?" She asked him, taking my vitals.

"Yes, removing it would make it worse" he added.

"Good work, we will operate on her quickly, please wait in the waiting room, someone will find you as soon as we are done" She informed him, quickly pushing the bed off to theatre.

Some hours went by and the dysfunctional family waiting in the waiting room, for any news.

"What is taking them so long?" Diego asked, his leg bouncing off the floor.

"They need to make sure they are doing a thorough job, it's not a matter of removing the bullet and sewing her up" Allison informed her brother. "It's removing the bullet, and they need to make sure there are no pieces left, making sure no organs are injured, and if they are, they need to fix it" she explained.

"Okay, okay, I get it" he sighed, before he shot up seeing the female doctor come into view. Her brown hair pulled back into a tight bun, her large glasses making her blue eyes stun even more.

"I am Doctor Holly" she introduced herself, since she didn't have time earlier. "She is stable and okay" She assured the family. "The bullet has been removed, and intact, the bullet missed any vital organs, so she is very lucky, like it didn't touch anything, which is...different"

"What do you mean different?" Allison asked.

"From the angle of the shot and size of the bullet, her stomach should have been injured in the process, but the bullet wasn't even in the line of shot, like it was moved a couple of centimetres" she told them, confusion sweeping her face.

"Well...let's say, she is very lucky" Allison told her. Doctor Holly couldn't stop looking at Allison, before she widened her eyes.

"You are Allison Hargreeves, aren't you?" she asked to confirm.

"Yes... I am" Allison confirmed.

"Which means, from the difference between you all...you are the Hargreeves children...including the girl we just performed on"

"Her name is Lexi" Diego added.

"Of course, Lexi Hargreeves...The Witch...her powers were very...anyway...now that answers things. I believe due to her powers, they protected her, somehow. Moved the bullet and protected her organs" Doctor Holly told them.

"Did you know she could ever do that?" Allison asked Diego.

"I don't think she ever knew she could do that. Her powers consist of focus...was she focused when she was shot?" Diego asked his sister.

"Kind of, she was more focused on stopping the bleeding and calming herself down, and cleaning the wound" Allison told him. "Sometimes she doesn't have to use her actual hands to use her telekinesis, maybe she was using her mind? Or maybe it was her powers protecting her, without her knowing" she added.

"Well what ever she did, she made sure her organs are intact. We are giving her a blood transfusion due to the blood loss, she is asleep, so I request only two of you go in" Doctor Holly told them all.

"Five and I will wait here, Diego, Allison you go" Luther told them, before they both disappeared off to the hospital room.

My sleeping blood loss body laid still on the bed. Hooked up to machines, the machine beeping every single second with each heart beat pulse, the blood bag and IV bag, hanging up beside the bed, providing me with blood and fluids.

"How conscious is she?" Diego asked.

"Not very, she is in a very deep sleep...I'll leave you two, until visiting time is over" she told them.

"Oh, I won't be going, I'm gonna be staying here until she can go home" Diego told her, sternly. He wasn't going to take no for an answer.

Doctor Holly nodded. "I will have to find a bed or a large chair for you" she told them, before disappearing.

Allison looked at Diego, watching as he held my hand, kissing the skin softly, not wanting to let go. "What's on your mind?" she asked him.

"That I could have lost her again...and I don't want to lose her again ever" Diego told Allison.

"Diego...what are you planning?" she asked, frowning with concern.

"I'm gonna propose to her"