eight

and again, last time for kook, this time for tae + jimin. don't hate them, try to uNdeRsTanD their behavior 🤠

***

"Oh-, you're already here."

Jungkook's heart stopped for the blink of an eye when he saw Lyza right in front of him. Five years had passed and she still had the same sleepy bags underneath her doey eyes, still not a single spark in her eyes that showed off her happiness.
She got even skinnier, that's for sure. Her hair was dyed back to blonde, falling in locks above her thin shoulders, covering her collarbones.

The girl was wearing a turtleneck shirt and a short black skirt. "Y-yeah", Jungkook let out, still looking up and down her tiny body. "You died your hair back to blonde", he mentioned with a shy smile.
Lyza nodded, "Yeah", she hummed, ruffling through Taejeon's hair as the boy kissed her cheek softly.

"How long do you want him to stay?", she asked quietly, rubbing her eyes a bit that looked kinda swollen and reddened. "Have you been crying, Mom?", Taejeon asked, eyes big.

"N-no, no honey it's fine. Go inside", she said fondly and lead the kid inside. "Is it though?", Jungkook asked in a small voice after Taejeon left.

Lyza gave him a smile, "If you don't ask you won't have to deal with the answer, Kook."

"But I'm asking-", he sighed, biting his lips. "Nevermind. You probably don't need me to talk or anything. I don't know how long Taejeon has to stay though, probably until I'll go back to Chicago-"

"Which is when?", Lyza asked quietly. "Look, I don't want to rush but, b-but my boyfriend doesn't really like me having my kid around. He'll get mad a-and-"

"It's your son though, shouldn't he be fine with that?", Jungkook lifted his eyebrow but the girl wasn't answering immediately. She just inhaled deeply, put her smile back on and nodded slowly, "Yeah. Yeah of course it's fine. Taejeon can stay as long as he wants."

Jungkook kept looking at her, trying to see behind the facade she was putting on. "H-how did college go for you? Weren't you at Arts college?"
She nodded, "You remember?"

"Of course", Kook chuckled. "So how was it?"

"It was fun, I loved it so much. I ended up in New York while going to college, I graduated with straight A's and got such amazing jobs offered-", Lyza's eyes sparkled for some seconds until her expression dropped again.

"So how comes you're back here?"

"My boyfriend didn't want to move", Lyza smiled weakly. "So you gave up your dreams for him?"

"It's not that easy to find someone who loves a girl that got pregnant with 15", she laughed bitterly. "That's bullshit. You're pretty much amazing, why would someone care if you got pregnant? The kid isn't with you anyways-"

"It's fine, I've got someone who loves me. Life turned out to be great for me", Lyza brushed Jungkook off and the boy just nodded. "Okay, I'm glad."

"What about you? Did you ever see Tae again? I heard he got married to Jimin-", Lyza sighed quietly. "I'm here with him. He's-, we'll.. yeah."
Lyza nodded, "I'm glad", she gave him another smile.
"I should go now, I guess", Kook mumbled. "You could come in for a tea or something", Lyza offered softly when she saw how awkwardly Jungkook felt while standing there.

Kook nodded, "Yeah", he smiled, somehow glad that at least one person didn't send him away five minutes after he showed up. Lyza lead him in and Kook's eyes widened when he saw a huge, almost clinic-alike apartment. Walls white, furniture white and no pictures or anything up the walls. Everything was horribly sterile and cleaned up. "Nice house", Jungkook commented but Lyza only laughed, "I know you hate it", she grinned as she set up tea for the two of them.