Chapter 20

"Were going to the celestial tournament! For training and earning money" Gon said excitedly.

Her grin widen, "what about you?" killua asked, looking curiosity at the female.

"I got some business in the same city as the tower. Sooo~ I will join ya"

They all grinned heading for a new adventure. 

~~

As soon as the group entered the city, they headed straight for the tower. You wouldn't miss it – for it was the tallest building in the city, by far. As they lined up, Mari lifted her red hood up over her head and to hide her face, earning a weird look from killua.

"What?" she asked smirking.

"You know what" he responded giving her an eye roll at her playing innocent.

The smirked turned into a wide grin, "they don't like me here," she shrugged off-handily, "that's why I won't be joining you in there"

Killua narrowed his eyes slightly, there was something else going on he knew it, instinct told him so. "Don't worry" she commented, "You'll find out soon enough"

The sliver haired boy pouted, but didn't respond as the line in front of them moved.

Soon enough the boys stood in front of the reception, a kind looking women smiled and passed them the forms to file out. Her smile disappeared as soon as she spotted Mari who stood behind them, the women eyes flickered to something they couldn't see before a nervous smile returned to her lips, "please fill out this form with the required information"

The boys nodded proceeding to file out the forms, not noticing the women's sudden nervousness.

Shadows loomed up behind them, Mari looked up at the men from under her hood. "Hey boys~" she purred, gaining the attention of those around them. "Can I help ya?"

"You're not welcome here" one of them responded.

There was three of them, tall and wide in black suits with sun glasses and shortly cut dark hair. All three of them were identical. She pouted, crossing her arms before tilting her head back to get a better look at them, "aww~ I was only giving my friends some good luck, no need to get stressy about it"

"You're not welcome, please leave" the man on the left stated.

This time she turned fully towards the man, "what you gonna do if I don't?" she asked sweetly, a smile dancing across her face.

The men tensed before her as the temperature dropped at the underlining threat, the silence only to be broken by the one on the right as he spoke up, "ma'am, please leave. Let's not cause a seen"

"I jest I jest," she giggled the tense air instantly vanishing, before turning to the pair of boys, "gonna have to go now, don't worry I get in touch" she winked at killua, "see ya soon"

Mari walked out the building of the tower closely followed by the three men, "ma'am?" the one who spoke up last called when she was far enough from the tower. She turned towards them, "try not to get caught next time"

She grinned before turning fully away, a hand waving towards the man. Obviously he knew who she was. Or what she was capable of.

She quickly doubled back into an alleyway, checking the coast was clear she changed her appearance. Brown unruly hair to straight blonde with a black ribbon. Red hoddie to black and white gothic Lolita dress that came up to her knees, white tights and black heeled bucketed shoes. Her bag changed into a black parasol, with she placed on her shoulder opened as to hide her from the sun. Her skin became lighter and eyes greener, face thinner. The only thing that didn't change was the necklace around her neck. But that would never change, no matter what shape she took.