Chapter 48

His green eyes glowed slightly as he made his way over to her stuff, shouldering her bag he hesitated a moment before picking up the strange cross. He sighed again, "silly sis"

This caused another cry of shock from the already shocked troupe, "what!?"

~~~

The ground rumbled and cracked as a large force stuck it, Elaina pushed herself to her feet while sucking in a shaky breath. Clawed hands pushed her dark hair sticking on her face, as bright red demon like eyes scanned the area for the blue eyes monster.

It seems she was kicked quite far, she could see the ruin building in the distances looking like dots on the horizon, a bleak area of dusty stone and crevices surrounded her, as could sense in the distract two air ships off into the distance on the northeast but that was all.. No one else to feed on.

The feeling of dread weighted like a stone in her stomach, she was at a disadvantaged.

She jumped back missing the fist that crashed into the stone floor, rocks flew in all directions at the impact leaving a crater where she once stood. Dust cleared and settle as silence descended on the pair, revealing the demonic monster known as Mari.

Mari smiled showing off pointed canines as blue eyes glowed, her unruly haired bounced off her shoulders as she moved with catlike grace towards her prey. Elaina growled, red eyes narrowing as she lunged towards the demon before her, Mari ducked punching the ravenette in the stomach. Elaina gagged, stomach threatening to spill out its contents as wide eyes watched Mari twist unable to move as the scared women kicked the same point again.

She flew like a rag dog into a cluster of boulders, blood dripping out of her mouth as she glared at the female who sauntered towards her. "Elaina~ this is pathetic... You can do better that this ~" Mari cooed. "you're supposed to be entertaining me sweetheart~"

The ravenette untangled herself from the rocks as Mari watched with amusement. She could feel her preys nen increase and darken, as hatred for her grew. Better much better. "You're a fucking bitch you know that?" the women growled.

"You've said" Mari nodded, "but I think myself more of a monster that a female dog, don't you agree?" she taunted, while picking non-existent mud from her blacken finger tips.

There still a paused, before both disappeared from sight. They exchanged blows flying across the landscape, craters were formed in the stone work. Cracks created beautiful spider weds in the ground as the skies around them darkened.

For on lookers, it was like a par of vibrate blue hues were darting about the starry skies along with a part of bloody red ones, dancing in a deathly dance as one tried to kill the other. Mari's smile grew into a Cheshire grin as her lust grew almost unbearable to contain, while Elaina resolve grew stronger, she would have her revenged. Even if she would to join the monster in lowest realms of hell.

There was a pause in the exchanged, Mari stood examining her arm. A nasty long gash was present blood trickled down her to her elbow and dripped onto the floor. "Congratulation you managed to scratch me!" she cheered with a close eye smile.

Blue hues snapped open examining the women before her. Elaina was breathing heavily. She felt battered and bruised, but her resolved wasn't crumbling at all. Eyes darting about she search for something to drain. Her Nen and her small demon heritage gave her vampire like abilities, she could steal her opponent's energy, if her consumed there blood.