Chapter 37

"nee-san" the voice caused him to stop and turn, "why can't she sleep by herself anymore?"

Illumi pondered this a moment before responding, "I do not know"

The next morning Mari awoke to a different body besides her. She frowned slightly looking at the young boy, her nightmares still brimming on the surface of her thoughts.

So that's what he wanted...

Illumi wanted to know what would happen if she slept alone. To be honest, she had been expecting that to happen even with illumi next to her, those horrors still haunting her every step, that wouldn't allow her to sleep naturally. "Well... I haven't gotten over that incident obviously..." she mumbled still studying the small child in her arms.

Kalluto was fast asleep, sleeping peacefully besides her. Still in his kimono, which was crumpled from sleeping, he shifted slightly as the girl continued to watch, her thoughts whirling about her head.

Stupid illumi.

Ten minutes later kalluto drifted awake, to discover Mari staring down at him. "Morning sweetie" she smiled. But there was something off about her features, something that unnerved him even though he couldn't put the finger as to what.

"Morning Mari-nee-san" the boy yawned sitting up while rubbing the slept out of his eyes, "last night yo-"

"I know what happened, I can guess Hun" she cut him off before getting out of bed, the red jumper slipping over her head while kalluto watched with tinted cheeks.

"I see," he turned away trying to get his composure back, "does that happen often?" the boy young questioned.

Mari turned towards him, a dark expression turning to a sly grin plastered on her face, "it doesn't, I haven't exactly slept properly in four years..." she turned towards the door, "and kalluto?"

"Yes?"

"Your questions will go unanswered, some things are better left unsaid" she stated before walking out the door, leaving the confused boy to his thoughts.

As she plotted revenged.

"Illumi~ you're in my bad books" she purred, almost making the male jump. Almost.

Illumi sat on the sofa, opposite Zeno who had a slight smile on his face while drinking his tea. She leaded over the back, next to the long haired male.

"Whatever to you mean?" the male asked, innocently.

"oh you know what I mean dearie," Mari stated with an evil grin which zeno caught the slight of, before the girl ran a hand along the males board shoulders, leaning into his ear she whispered, "you need to be punished..."

She moved away, as zeno started to chuckled, at the sight of his grandson. Illumi heard the rustle of fabric, then felt the tightness around his crotch area. Looking down, his discovered. Pink, a lot of it.

Frowning in distaste he examined his new clothing entire. Everything was pink, a bright blinding pink. His clothes had changed into a pink leotard that was digging into his skin, making it uncomfortable to move it. Around his waist was a bright pink Toto, leaving the rest of his legs bear. Even his hair for some reason had changed to a bun with pink ribbon entwining in it.

"Mari," growled illumi with distaste lining his voice, "change me back"

"Nope" the browned hair girl grinned mischievously, sprawling herself out on the sofa next to him.