Chapter 35

Mari stood, brown hair bouncing on her shoulders as she skipped towards the awaiting illumi. She was intrigued as to how he was caught after the act, very intrigued indeed.

~~~

She had been unsuccessfully in discovering as to why and how illumi was caught during the first job, as the male was being tight lipped on the subject, which annoyed the brown haired women to no end.

Nevertheless, Mari could not dwell on the facts she did not have as the next job was upon them.

But this one... was a bit more complicated.

"You really sweetie?" she purred, turning towards the male who was ready and awaiting in his black suit pins already in place changing his figures. Today the male had black jelled back hair, small nose in-between brown eyes. His jaw was set in a frown as he glared slightly at the female.

"Of course, still waiting on you I see" he responded in monotone.

"Aww, did someone wanted to see me strip?" she teased before swirling her appeared and outfit changing is a fluttering of fabric.

The sliver haired girl stood before him. Silver hair was tied up in an elegant plait that twisted around her head. Her eyes were also sliver, which smothered with unknown fire. Her skin became slightly darken, as if it was kissed by the sun.

The floor length ball grown, was a jet black and skin tight. It had little gem's sewn in at random sections making it flow and shine at different angles. The dress it-self fell off her shoulders, nothing really holding it in place over her chest, she had a small sliver pendant matching a sliver clutch which she held to her hand. "Ready now Hun~" she purred eyeing the male his he offered her an arm.

Getting into the ball was easier than expected, show ID, get your name signed off the guest list and vola your in. Now the hard stuff starts.

There had two jobs tonight, an assassination of some wealthy dude called Samuel and a thief. Both in the same building, what she had forgotten was to inform illumi was that this job had one of these specific requests had attracted.

She shrugged to herself in thought, he will be surprised by later evening arrangements.

"You remember the plan sweetie?" she whispered, as they moved throughout the crowd.

"Of course, I am professional"

"Weren't very professional last time dearie" she pointed out.

"That was..." he started before stopping. "Different"

"Soo different that you lack the need to tell me why I see" Mari muttered with a slightly pout.

Illumi signed, "Let's get this over and done with" the sooner he got out of this situation the better. He didn't think his heart would take it.

"Go mingle then" she shooed him away before heading in the direction of the ladies room. This part was child's play.

Disappearing into the shadows, her heels clicked on the floors surface as she walked along the deadly silent corridor. Her dress flowed behind her, as the dim light highlighted blood splattered across the floor.

Behind her lay several guards, dead and lifeless as she stepped up to the pedestal.

Her target was in a glass box, a diamond encrusted necklace, said to be worth a small fortune. Mari's fingers worked magic before tucking the small necklace into her sliver cutch. She smiled before returning to the ballroom. Which was stationed four floors below, now all she had to do get back and kill her target, hopefully illumi did his part of the plan and gotten closer to the man.